New Video: Snooker Cue Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Snooker Cue Action

My latest video is now on my YouTube channel!

In this video I break the cue action down into several steps, that will hopefully improve your understanding, and help your potting.

If you enjoy the video please give it a like, and subscribe to the channel so I can keep making more videos!

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Another great video,
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Another great video,
      Thanks Stevie!

Comment

Nice overview. I like the checklist approach and I think the way you've presented it keeps it simple enough to remember. I also think you do a good job of integrating the visual cues in your videos which make it easier to follow.

For my own game, I think the biggest challenge I come across is that when I get nervous or flustered, the final pause at the ball tends to go away. So in my normal game I'll have all the right pauses, but then it gets rushed when nervous or flustered. I guess the answer is probably practice, experience and discipline. Still annoying.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
          Nice overview. I like the checklist approach and I think the way you've presented it keeps it simple enough to remember. I also think you do a good job of integrating the visual cues in your videos which make it easier to follow.

For my own game, I think the biggest challenge I come across is that when I get nervous or flustered, the final pause at the ball tends to go away. So in my normal game I'll have all the right pauses, but then it gets rushed when nervous or flustered. I guess the answer is probably practice, experience and discipline. Still annoying.
          Thank you.

Yes, I think with practice and then trying to remain disciplined and still going through your Pre-shot-routine is really important to try and stick to in a match.

Comment

I wonder if you know how to sort me out. I cannot find the centre of the white same as Judd and pivot like him as well. Is there a cure?

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
              I wonder if you know how to sort me out. I cannot find the centre of the white same as Judd and pivot like him as well. Is there a cure?
              I've struggled with this a lot and this is a way that works for me. First, set up a straight pot. Stand behind it where it looks straight. Now, put your heels together with your toes slightly pointed out. This is your starting position. Hold your cue vertically (perpendicular to the ground) just in front of your face and cover the white, object ball and pocket with it. For me this will have the cue slightly to the right of my face. Now I bring the cue to my body till it touches my thigh. Memorize this spot. Now grip the cue normally and put your hand to the spot on your thigh. All you have to do now is swing it on to the table, step your left leg to the side and bring your head straight down. You should be cued up to the middle of the white. It might look off but trust your aim and fire. Hope this works. Good luck!

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                Some of us found this funny.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                  My latest video is now on my YouTube channel!

In this video I break the cue action down into several steps, that will hopefully improve your understanding, and help your potting.

If you enjoy the video please give it a like, and subscribe to the channel so I can keep making more videos!

Very informative video. I can surely add a point or two to my game.

Comment

Great video. Did you create the video yourself with all the editing or did you have help? Keep up the good work.
                    Gavin York.
                    Snooker coach based in Northampton, England.
                    Level 2 First4Sport Snooker Coach.
                    Www.snookercoaching.net

Comment

Originally Posted by GavinYorkSnookerCoach View Post
                      Great video. Did you create the video yourself with all the editing or did you have help? Keep up the good work.
                      Hi Gavin. Did it all myself.

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

I see you have gone full time with the coaching too. All the best with that Gavin

Comment

Cheers. Good luck with your videos.
                        Gavin York.
                        Snooker coach based in Northampton, England.
                        Level 2 First4Sport Snooker Coach.
                        Www.snookercoaching.net

Comment

Working...
                        X