My workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Make my own lead weights/plugs as I have a little kiln, pour the molten lead into a mould made by drilling 12mm holes into a small piece of 25mm plywood and when cool cut them to the desired length with the bandsaw, place them in the holes, give them a knock with a hammer and small drift to spread them for a tight fit and then level them on the belt sander. All nice and snug when the splices are glued on the top.
    Sounds good Steve.

I'm sure I read somewhere that some people plane them but I might be wrong.

Saw pics of Crispian Jones making his own once which looked interesting.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Sounds good Steve.

I'm sure I read somewhere that some people plane them but I might be wrong.

Saw pics of Crispian Jones making his own once which looked interesting.
      You can plane them as lead is very soft but the splices were to the correct length so I didn't want to plane any more off so 5 seconds on the belt sander is all it takes as they're pretty much flush anyway.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Finished it last week, I've experimented with a thicker taper like John Higgins' cue, looks different when sighting down the shaft but plays very well, very solid hit, have retro fitted a badge and need to re-finish the butt but here are some pics of it prior the badge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmax4steve/shares/M9W3J9

Been working on this one all last week, butterfly spliced 3/4 ash with black walnut butt, nearly finished.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmax4steve/shares/Y4n34t
        Last edited by vmax; 17 June 2018, 03:32 PM.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Great work vmax!
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
            Great work vmax!
            Thanx, finished it this morning

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmax4steve/shares/Q8GCYv

57 1/4 inches long, 9.5mm brass ferrule, 29.4mm diameter butt, balanced at 17 & 1/2 inches, 16.5 oz's, ash shaft with butterfly spliced black walnut butt, comes with a mini butt, if it suits anyone then pm me for a deal.

Comment

• love the colour and figuring on the butt
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Just read through the whole thread in one hit, cheers for the updates and insights Vmax!

Comment

• Would love to learn to make my own cues. I'm pretty handy with wood but have no idea what equipment I need or know where to start with a cue. I can't find any online guides at all.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nuts00 View Post
                    Would love to learn to make my own cues. I'm pretty handy with wood but have no idea what equipment I need or know where to start with a cue. I can't find any online guides at all.
                    there are plenty out there if you look :-)

making a cue is tricky!
                    making a good cue is very very tricky!
                    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by nuts00 View Post
                      Would love to learn to make my own cues. I'm pretty handy with wood but have no idea what equipment I need or know where to start with a cue. I can't find any online guides at all.
                      This youtube video is where I started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_RJUcyvr_s

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimmydregz View Post
                        Just read through the whole thread in one hit, cheers for the updates and insights Vmax!
                        You're welcome, new one coming soon as well as a custom job for a member of the forum that should be finished soon, I hope

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          You're welcome, new one coming soon as well as a custom job for a member of the forum that should be finished soon.
                          Well I've finished the custom job for Mathias on the forum but can't tell him as his pm inbox is full, so could a moderator or someone give him a heads up about this

Comment

• My workshop

I can try, is it mathias or mathias12 or mathias121?
                            Last edited by DeanH; 21 September 2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• My workshop

Good morning steve
                              I didn't know, would expect a message for the full inbox..... I will empty it.
                              looking forward to it
                              cheers
                              matt

Comment

• sorted
                                ….

Comment

Working...
                                X