Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tendency to get a trace of unintended side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tendency to get a trace of unintended side.

I am a decent club player (500+ tons) and have a dominant right eye.
    I have a tendency to get a trace of unintentional side on the cueball, especially on shots when I am cutting the object ball to the left.
    I am now wearing glasses to play aswell but the problem is still the same.
    Are there any drills that could help with this?

500 plus tons..... you're a very decent club player..
    Which side does it tend to be? Left or right?
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Right hand side, so I pretty much always overcut.

Comment

Very common problem for right handed players.

There are a couple of reasons why:

Firstly, on the yellow side of the table, there's the danger that you're just a bit uncomfortable on the shot. It's harder to reach for a right handed player on this side, so this makes it harder to adopt your 'normal' stance and body position.

The other reason, is that most players actually like to flick a touch of side on these types of shot. You'll actually aim up a fraction thick, and use the side to throw the ball in. Because you PROBABLY cue right to left, like a lot of right handed players, on the green side of the table this is great. You aim up a fraction thick, flick a bit of side on, and you pot... no problem. On the other side of the table, you aim up a fraction thick, get a touch of side on, and because of your body position, it's harder to cue from right to left, so you end up hitting the shot thin.

The only real answer is to practice the problem shots a few times. Aim up a fraction thicker, and get used to the fact that you flick that bit of side on. It's a very natural thing to do.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Turn ur glasses upside down he he

Comment

Working...
          X