Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National County Championships (proposed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National County Championships (proposed)

no doubt we are using facebook and Twitter so please spread the word, the best way we can.

Comment

Hi Simon, I've replied to some posts just to bring the thread back to the top (more threads go on, the more likely to lose this thread). Your spot on mate, there's lots of other counties waiting to have their AGM's & then decided how many teams they'd like to enter & then register. I know that the EASB have contacted nearly every1 they know. So hopefully there'll be enough teams in the regions for this to go ahead. There's now 20 teams registered. So things are looking good.
      Last edited by Tony Morgan; 29 April 2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

23 teams registered so far & going strong. Still a few more to register hopefully after they've had their AGM's. Big thumbs up to all of you that have signed up ��

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
          23 teams registered so far & going strong. Still a few more to register hopefully after they've had their AGM's. Big thumbs up to all of you that have signed up ��

How many of them play a bit of pool? ;-)

Comment

None Batman

Comment

Any more counties had their AGM's & are interested in this new venture? If so go to the EASB website & click on news. You'll find more info, counties already registered & how to register your teams interest on 1 of the pages. Did hear a rumour that the closing date for entries may be mid/late August. Not too long away now

Comment

Is there any one here that knows if Northamptonshire would be putting a team together?

Comment

Take a look on the easb's website it has a list of interested counties awaiting entry! I'm almost sure i have seen them listed!
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Tbh I'm not sure. If there's no team currently expressed an interest with the EASB in entering the N(E)CC from Northamptonshire. Then it's really not that difficult in setting 1 up yourself. Takes a bit of pre planning but it'll be worth it in the end. Obviously the more Counties we can get playing in the County Championship then the more prestigious the event will be.

Comment

Hi fellas.

My name is Thomas Moran and I am two days away from running our second, Scottish County Championships. This year we have leagues from Aberdeen, Dumfries, Edinburgh, Glasgow and the West of Scotland. Representation from the North, South, East and West of Scotland.

I also incorporate a Scottish junior team to put our best up and coming talent up against some of the best amateur talent that Scotland has to offer. The idea was to hopefully get some sponsorship for these young men as we all know the costs and demands that the families are under to promote their kids across Europe and in some cases, the world.

We have had some fantastic exposure via the World Snooker website and the WPBSA. The governing body can get some negative publicity in some quarters but I have got to say in their defence that Jason ferguson and his team has been nothing short of being superb in supporting me and my team at the West of Scotland snooker league.

I have also made a trailer which World Snooker have promoted on the website. We have Graeme Dott who has been immense as well. Have a look.

My advice?, not that you need it. Get the competition up and running. Regionalise the tournament. Get the committees involved. One league, one vote.

Imagine the possibility further down the line that we could potentially do a "Home Internationals" tournament travelling on a annual basis up and down the country. We have saw more numbers involved and in turn more players are putting in the hours at their local club, simply because that they want to make the County team. In turn, more revenue for the clubs which could potentially mean more investment in the conditions of the clubs.

We have saw many clubs going under to various reasons and circumstances. Lack of exposure as snooker no longer commands the back page, lack of investment etc etc.

The County Championships, I firmly believe, will grow year on year as long as it is run properly.

I wish you all the very best in your venture
                      Tam

Comment

Hi Thomas, thanks for the positive comments. I've actually watched the video with Graeme Dott on the Scottish Snooker website (very encouraging). Definitely going to make contact with Jason Ferguson as the Notts A & B teams will be playing out of his old club in Mansfield, The Towers. In fact our main match table was Jason's table he used to practice on. So there's a connection to him already. The possibility of a "Home County Internationals" also sounds good but our plan is to walk before we can run. I'm amazed that the EASB, Scottish Snooker, Welsh Snooker & Irish Snooker haven't even thought of this idea before (or may have but nothing happened). Good luck with you County Championship & please let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thanks Tony.

I wish you guys all the best in the set up of the tournament. It requires fresh ideas and new faces and a committee that pull in the same direction.
                          Tam

Comment

Morning fellas, the EASB have released dates for their upcoming season. The dates for the National (English) County Championship will be released very soon. If your County has not entered yet, no worries there is still time but you had better be quick. If interested please log onto www.easb.co.uk & click NEWS (page 4)
                            Best of luck to all that has entered & look forward to meeting you

Comment

Just a quick one to say thanks to everyone at last weeks Scottish County Championships. It was a great day out and i really enjoyed it (apart from losing lol) great work put in by all involved in running it from all the refs who turned up to help out on the day, staff at the q club and everyone who organised it thanks.
                              I hope you manage to get something up and running like we had last week and the idea of a home nations competition sounds great.
                              p.s. If anyone has a video of the Craig and i think it was Mark doing the impersonations and the end of the day i would love to see it again it was brilliant so maybe a YouTube post would be great if possible? "your in my line of thought" lol
                              Last edited by ashbash; 3 August 2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Just to let you all know that the EASB have nearly completed all the necessary paperwork & documentation (going to print very shortly) for the forthcoming EASB National County Team Championship. There's still an opportunity for your County to register if it hasn't already done so. Be quick though.
                                Last edited by Tony Morgan; 2 October 2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X