Kamui original laminated tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that. But a 11 not a 10 yes? Did you find it safe to just use stanley blade to cut it down? Or better another way? Whats the sound like on strike, is it a dull thud or more of a plink?

Comment

Originally Posted by ramon View Post
      i've used them both. In my opinion, phoenix 11 mm medium, is much better than kamui.!!!!
      agree but i prefer the phoenix h , lovely crisp feel and sound

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Where can I get the Phoenix tips ? Thai tips ?

Comment

Ebay , there are sellers from overseas so you should get them easy .

Comment

Sounds promising mate... What about miss cue's? Does that happen with these much? Thing is in my experience sometimes just 1 bad miss cue and a laminated tip just breaks... Annoying when that happens in middle of a game. Elks dont brake and to be honest I do like to HIT the ball very hard at times to bend the white like no other lol...

Comment

Originally Posted by screw View Post
              Thanks for that. But a 11 not a 10 yes? Did you find it safe to just use stanley blade to cut it down? Or better another way? Whats the sound like on strike, is it a dull thud or more of a plink?

With a sharp stanley blade is easy to cut it down! Sound is perfect. The tip has a very solid hit and nice CB control. Is also easy to shape!!!! 11 mm tips are better because they are lower. I use kamui gator grip to shape the tip. And it works perfectly. You can also use sandpaper. I think it is a matter of personal preference. You should try it once. Otherwise you never know. !!
              I buy them from Andrew. You can email him or as Hotpot said, buy them from Ebay.
              I hope this helps !!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                many thanks for advice, hotpot. never tried them. Next time, I'll give it a try.!!!

Comment

Order a couple of Phoenix m's as there weren't any h available... Probably be delivered tomorrow. Shall see what I make of them?? Currently have a Diamond plus on..

Comment

Just to let everyone know I put on a Phoenix medium tip and after 4 frames I noticed it split on the side about halfway down. Yes I used a stanley blade and cut down. Anyone tried using a tip trimmer (pencil sharpener look alike?) Maybe that would work? Not that I was particularly impressed with the tip anyway but I suppose i only played 4 frames and have 1 tip left so might give it another go?

Comment

Originally Posted by screw View Post
                      Just to let everyone know I put on a Phoenix medium tip and after 4 frames I noticed it split on the side about halfway down. Yes I used a stanley blade and cut down. Anyone tried using a tip trimmer (pencil sharpener look alike?) Maybe that would work? Not that I was particularly impressed with the tip anyway but I suppose i only played 4 frames and have 1 tip left so might give it another go?
                      Pencil sharpener works also very Well !!! But , this is new to me. I've never heard of players using Phoenix haveing this problem . I always buy them f Andrew (ADR 147). There are also a lot of fake tips in the mrkt. may I ask what is the dmtr of the FRL off your cue ?? 9.5mm? 10? Btw, If the Stanley blade is not new and not sharp, it can damage the tip !!!!

Comment

Ferrule size is a 9.6mm mate and I used a brand new stanley blade called fat max which is supposed to be 35% sharper than the original ones. I got them from Greenbaize cues mate..
                        Last edited by screw; 31 July 2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Just jumped on this topic....
                          I'm about to give a try again to Kamui tip. I bought a Black Medium 11mm to fit on my 9.3mm ferrule. What bothers me is the height I should let. Obviously, Kamui tips are naturally higher and wider than usual Elks for instance so how much should I remove to still get a good shape? I know John Higgins uses Kamui tips and his are fairly low...a bit like the way I love them.
                          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                            Just jumped on this topic....
                            I'm about to give a try again to Kamui tip. I bought a Black Medium 11mm to fit on my 9.3mm ferrule. What bothers me is the height I should let. Obviously, Kamui tips are naturally higher and wider than usual Elks for instance so how much should I remove to still get a good shape? I know John Higgins uses Kamui tips and his are fairly low...a bit like the way I love them.
                            After a few discussions with people about this . I was recommended to leave it high and play it in for a bit and then shape it down to preferred height

Comment

yep I have always been of the thinking that you cant add to the tip so fit at full height and then shape to choice
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Kamui , phoenix and all the firm tips i,ve tried are firm enough to leave high , you dont need to take them down .

Comment

Working...
                                X