Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Wrong Side Of The Blue?

Hi everyone!

New video now on YouTube. A few shots in this video for when you finish the wrong side of the blue. These are not easy shots to play, but if you can give them a bit of practice, hopefully it will help your game.

If you enjoyed the video, please consider giving it a like and subscribing to the channel.

Thanks

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another great video Steve, thank you.

When you are putting so much side on the cue ball to get between the baulk colours , are you aiming to hit the object ball at a different point than if you were playing plain ball, i.e. slightly thicker/thinner?

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post

Quick question about 46 seconds into the video the camera set up - is it possible for you to let me know what height the camera is, how high and what camera you're using?

I wish to set one up on my home table and thats a great angle you have to capture the full table

thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
        Yet another great video Steve, thank you.

When you are putting so much side on the cue ball to get between the baulk colours , are you aiming to hit the object ball at a different point than if you were playing plain ball, i.e. slightly thicker/thinner?
        Hi. Yes you will need to adjust your aiming when using side. It's difficult to tell players exactly where to aim, because it depends on the speed of the shot, and how your own cue reacts.

So I always say to players, make a little mark on the table so you can keep on putting the white back in the same place. Play the shot, stay down on the shot and see where the balls go. From there you can start to learn if you need to go thicker, or thinner, or more of less pace. Have a play around with a few of these shots.

Comment

Great video mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
            Quick question about 46 seconds into the video the camera set up - is it possible for you to let me know what height the camera is, how high and what camera you're using?

I wish to set one up on my home table and thats a great angle you have to capture the full table

thanks
            Hi there.

The camera is actually my phone. Samsung Galaxy S8.

I have the phone set up on a tripod at maximum height and then pointed at the table. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X