Help with broken cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with broken cue

Hi guys, new to forum and after some advice. I was brought a cue over 15 years ago by a family member who has since passed away. I have gone to use the cue (I use another regularly) and it was making an awful noise, I've realised that the brass joint ( the female part) is just spinning in the cue causing the noise, I've tried to remove it by trying to unscrew it but it doesn't move, it's only a 3/4 Brittania cue and not that expensive but the sentimental value is considerable. Any advice on sorting this myself or is it off to a repairer? If so who? Many thanks

Help with broken cue

I would contact Andy Travis (he is on Facebook if you are)
    he does great work at mods and repairs
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

easy fix yourself if you have a bit of knowledge. pull the joint out and re glue it with araldite. I've fixed a few and all are still in tact. Where abouts are you from?
      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Cbpuser View Post
        Hi guys, new to forum and after some advice. I was brought a cue over 15 years ago by a family member who has since passed away. I have gone to use the cue (I use another regularly) and it was making an awful noise, I've realised that the brass joint ( the female part) is just spinning in the cue causing the noise, I've tried to remove it by trying to unscrew it but it doesn't move, it's only a 3/4 Brittania cue and not that expensive but the sentimental value is considerable. Any advice on sorting this myself or is it off to a repairer? If so who? Many thanks
        Where in the world are you? Would possibly be more reassuring to have someone relatively nearby you can drop in and speak to before undergoing the repair, particularly if it's of sentimental value.

Comment

Leamington Spa, thanks for your help

Comment

Leamington Spa, how do you pull it out, would it be just force?

Comment

i'd happily sort it for you if you get stuck, but you would have to cover postage which could be 30-40 quid, which would probably be the same as paying someone locally to sort it.

Or i can talk you through it if you want to send me some pics via e-mail to a1oxtb (at) gmail.com

if the joint is tight together just twist and pull, but do not bend it or you might split it.
              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

You could carefully apply some heat onto the bit to come out with a small blowtorch this will loosen the glue and will make it easier to remove but be careful, I would also mark the joint and the cue so you can replace it exactly as it came out.

Comment

I remember seeing something not long ago about a cuemaker in the birmingham area... not far from you potentially, perhaps a good shout

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                    I remember seeing something not long ago about a cuemaker in the birmingham area... not far from you potentially, perhaps a good shout
                    http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ean-Jones-Cues

Comment

Working...
                    X