Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    http://www.sportsprescriptionglasses...roducts_id=761
    Try Rockspex for Snooker glasses. The rimless are the best. If you ask they'll make them "extra deep" ie a lense of 57mm which helps you to sight without looking over the top of the lense.
    Not cheap!

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      You must be looking through your lenses then. I'm six foot two and when down in my stance I'm looking over the top of the lenses in my everyday specs and can't see a thing further than three feet away. Snooker specs aren't difficult to get hold of but a good pair is expensive, mine cost me £250.
      I got some daily disposable contact lenses as I am short sighted and they are great; first time round I used to use glasses and as you say, you are looking over the top and mine weren't small!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

You must be looking through your lenses then. I'm six foot two and when down in my stance I'm looking over the top of the lenses in my everyday specs and can't see a thing further than three feet away. Snooker specs aren't difficult to get hold of but a good pair is expensive, mine cost me £250.
        Christ, 250? I passed on some at 60 quid the other day. Mind you, they looked absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          Christ, 250? I passed on some at 60 quid the other day. Mind you, they looked absolutely ridiculous.
          Did they make you look WIDE AWAKE?
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Jy1471 View Post
            thank you, ive worn glasses all my life, i have a squint in my right eye, sighting the balls isn't much of a problem its due the the way my eye behaves, im short sighted, maybe i should look into some Dennis Taylor Glasses!!
            Have a look at this link Jy1471. I purchased my snooker glasses from them and the service that they provided was absolutely first class and second to none. It was necessary for me to request some changes to the first pair that I ordered and they did it through their 'no-quibble' guarantee and I have been really pleased with them.
            https://www.spex4less.com/?utm_noove...x4less%20Brand

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
              I first bought a pair about thirty years ago before the days of thin plastic lenses and because the focal point of the lens was higher the lenses were about half an inch thick around the edges, made of glass and quite heavy. Also they made me look like Cosmo Smallpiece and I looked out the window at the night sky and discovered a new star so I only wore them once, wore contacts for many years until I got a constant irritation in my left eye when wearing them so tried snooker specs again and with the new ultra thin plastic lenses it's so much better.
              I bought a cheap pair but they weren't very good so went for something better, maybe a bit too expensive, but they're a bespoke pair, and hey! it's only money and your sight is very important for cue sports.

Comment

I first bought a pair about thirty years ago before the days of thin plastic lenses and because the focal point of the lens was higher the lenses were about half an inch thick around the edges, made of glass and quite heavy. Also they made me look like Cosmo Smallpiece and I looked out the window at the night sky and discovered a new star so I only wore them once, wore contacts for many years until I got a constant irritation in my left eye when wearing them so tried snooker specs again and with the new ultra thin plastic lenses it's so much better.
                I bought a cheap pair but they weren't very good so went for something better, maybe a bit too expensive, but they're a bespoke pair, and hey! it's only money and your sight is very important for cue sports.
                Spot on mate. No point in skimping where snooker is concerned. Best to try and get the best available.

Comment

Don't know if these are any good for guys that need a single lense type. Click Here.
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Got some rimless snooker glasses (quite Barry Starkish) as a Christmas present from my wife. After a disastrous first start (my optician had no experience of snooker glasses) when everything long was out of focus, the new prescription came good and now I rely on them entirely. Top notch. Cost, should have been £180, discounted to £130 as I changed my normal varifocal glasses at the same time. No cost for the mistake, of course, so I guess my optician got no profit on this occasion, just valuable experience.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      Don't know if these are any good for guys that need a single lense type. Click Here.
                      It's single vision lenses only for snooker specs, varifocals aren't required as what you need to look at isn't very close like when reading, at it's closest is three feet away (cue Ball).
                      I can't see for myself if it's a touching ball looking through my snooker specs lenses, but I simply look under my lenses for that as I'm short sighted and can see things close without specs.
                      I use varifocals everyday as I find it a pain to constantly put on and take off my specs when needing to see anything close up.

If you're long sighted and need specs to see things that are close up then I guess you don't need specs to play snooker, unless like Martin Gould you wear your everyday specs to be able to address the cue ball clearly and can then look over the top of the lenses to sight the object ball.

So a question is does anyone on this site who is long sighted wear specs when playing snooker or pool ?

Comment

I'd agree with the point about bringing the bridge hand a bit further forward, to go through the ball better. The cue hand is not finishing fully into the chest which needs to happen. But I think you also need a pre shot routine. You seem to do it all in one. So a quick second to see the angle, step forward into the shot and to get the feet in the same position each time. You need to split into sections in this regard. I'd also have a look at your grip if necessary as you are rotating the grip to compensate your back arm coming accross a bit, but for short range shots this is ok, but it could find you out on the long balls.

Comment

Working...
                        X