Hi from Sheffield, cue makers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Sheffield, cue makers?

Hi all I'm Adam from Sheffield looking for some good information about decent places to play and cue makers in South Yorkshire, I used to play locally before my club closed down and also looking for a new cue so any good inside knowledge would be great. Thanks
    Adam

Andy Travis is in Sheffield, he is on facebook or sometimes on here too

Comment

Good stuff thank you

Comment

craftsman in leeds as well i think, not too far a drive, also isnt there someone in worksop not that far either??

Comment

Great stuff I will look into that, cheers

Comment

Hi,

Also Chesworth cues is in Sheffield as well. I live in Sheffield also so with regards to practice places I can give you a few options. (I don't know them all as I'm only a university student)

I understand Sheffield is a vast area so I'm just going to list places that I know of and think are decent.

Fulwood Road Sports club (i think that's what it's called) have 3 Riley's aristocrat tables (brown legs) and as far as I'm aware you have to pay an upfront membership fee but then you get access via a key for unlimited play.

Wadsley bridge wmc. This is where I play, it can be a bit rowdy at times. In terms of tables they have 3. Two have been reclothed. They have good lighting (no big lampshades, it's tournament style). Tables are 80p an hour and on Tuesday​ and Thursday the tables are free. I tend to avoid those days (mainly because of uni) but otherwise they are busy but for 80p an hour for decent tables you can't go wrong.

Star Snooker Academy. In terms of facilities they are the best because they are Star tables. And prices are £10 an hour, £20 for 3 hours and for all day £40.

There is also Victoria snooker academy of which facilities are top class. Prices I'm unsure as they have changed their prices recently

Hope this helps!

Comment

Jim Evans who is a member on here is a good local cue maker, also he collects cues and sells them so he has a vast collection which you could chose from.

I have a cue he made for me just over a year ago. I have listed it on here for sale as I have bought another cue from Jim.

have a look if the specs are what you are looking for. other cue makers have been listed. also cue craft are close to Sheffield.

Steeler sports bar on Birley Moor Road has 15 snooker tables, around a dozen pool tables too.
              its a nice place and the prices are reasonable 2 hours for £6-£7. I go there twice a week to practice.

if you are looking for top quality like star snooker tables the (Star Snooker Academy) placed in the Sheffield United Academy has the best conditions , however might be a bit pricey. £10 for 1 hour, although if you stay longer the price comes down per hour.

Comment

Where about a in Sheffield you living.

Comment

I went to the Steelers sports bar last night and can confirm it's a great playing spot. Great pizza!!
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Hello Adam,

I practice at Victoria academy, good city centre location with parking, £15 for 2.5 hours, £25 for the full day.

Stars tables, 1G balls, table heaters, free tea and coffee.

There is also coaching available. If you are interested let me know and Ill put you in touch

Comment

Thank you I will definitely have a try of a couple of these places

Comment

That's great thanks, I will have a look in the sale section for it

Comment

On the south side near heeley

Comment

This seems like a really good option with my workplace being in the city centre so very interested to have a walk in and look

Comment

Im in Victoria on Saturday if you want to have a look about. Tried to send you a private message with my number but you have opt'd out of messages.

Comment

Working...
                              X