Looking for info on local coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on local coach

Has anyone heard of Ali Bassiri and better yet recieved coaching from him? He literally offers coaching a 5 minute drive from my house. Toying with the idea of getting someone to help improve my game and help me get rid of yips. Feel free to message if you prefer.

Statistically, he has been around the amateur and pro circuit since mid-90s; not achieved much but at least he has been there and given it a go. Of course this has no reflection on how good a coach he is
    You can have, say, a world champion who probably could not coach the game they play :wink:

For the sake of 5min drive and a few shekels (as long as it is only a few), I would give it a punt
    At least then you know yourself either way; either you find a bril coach just down the road (not many of can say that ); or you put it down to experience, smile about it and move on
    Let us know how you get on.
    A personal recommendation is always a big positive. anyone?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Statistically, he has been around the amateur and pro circuit since mid-90s; not achieved much but at least he has been there and given it a go. Of course this has no reflection on how good a coach he is
      You can have, say, a world champion who probably could not coach the game they play :wink:

For the sake of 5min drive and a few shekels (as long as it is only a few), I would give it a punt
      At least then you know yourself either way; either you find a bril coach just down the road (not many of can say that ); or you put it down to experience, smile about it and move on
      Let us know how you get on.
      A personal recommendation is always a big positive. anyone?
      A world champion who couldn't coach or teach a masterclass, Shirley not :tongue:

It's a 5min driving miss daisy as well No mention of coaching cost but I doubt it's going to be huge. I figure if it at least helps me build a foundation then thats a plus. My local playing club offers no coaching and has no snooker league etc. Add to that I normally go during the day with my father so the club is normally quiet. Seems the other club has coaching and plays in a league etc.

Nice to get a personal recommendation but they seem to be few and far between. I think the other nearest coach is John Woods whom I've seen mentioned in another thread. That would be a trek to Kings Cross which doesn't grab me.

Comment

If you're going to get coaching then it makes sense to get it from a coach with WPBSA accreditation but it all depends on costs and what you need to get out of it. I think £20 per hour as a standard rate is reasonable for someone with the WPBSA accreditation but if they are charging £10 an hour and don't have the WPBSA stamp then that might also be worth trying out. It all comes down to you getting value for money and it sounds like you have the basics down so don't need a coach for that but rather someone to have regular matches with. A Snooker buddy who doesn't charge anything and spilts the table time costs.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
        X