No announcement yet.

What makes a great snooker player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say 'TEMPERAMENT'- Not to panic either in front or behind.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Consistence & Persistence.

Comment

Stubbornness/determination, confidence/arrogance, being OCD,

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Stubbornness/determination, confidence/arrogance, being OCD,
          Kerrching.

Not using Dominant Eye to Cue; have good rotation of the cue and use the Rest differently

Then you'll be Numero Uno for another 12 months, without picking up a Cue.

Comment

Just be Mr. B.S. and you will believe you are the best, but who cares if you really are.
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Wow, let's drum up a 10 year old post!

Comment

I think that players who can fall into the zone no matter where they are or who they are playing have a great advantage over the field. OCD players do great in there basements, Great players perform when itss needed. Like a switch. just a tought.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                  TEMPERAMENT
                  For me, this is the most important thing to be a "great" snooker player.

You can have all the ability, all the determination and practice imaginable... but if you can't hold your nerve when the pressure is really on - time and time again - then you will never be "great". Something you can't really teach.

Comment

To me when you go down the club the difference between a good club player and a great club player is how they hit the cueball. You can hear it when someone hits the ball well as it makes a nice clicking sound when the cueball hits the red.

At the pro level I agree with bolty in that it is how they hold their nerve when the pressure is on.

Comment

Working...
                    X