No announcement yet.

How well know is Mike Wooldridge cues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s he charging to retro fit blackspin ferrule system to your own cue these days??

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      What’s he charging to retro fit blackspin ferrule system to your own cue these days??
      Blackspin ferrule retro is £75
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I had mine done at the end of last year, it was £90 including return postage. Seems a lot but it also included re-tapering it to a slightly smaller tip size, a "MOT" and a blackspin tip which is about £8.50 alone. The finish was fantastic, it really was better than ever when it came back. Not sure if the price is still the same.

Comment

Did you want it re-tapering to a smaller tip size or was this done to fit the ferrule perfectly.

Comment

was going to say that if trimming down is required with the BlackSpin it is £95 by the shop pricing
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Anyone on here had one retro fitted to one of there cues if so how did it turn out and how do you think it played in relation to the brass one.

Comment

I wanted it tapered down, I only play pool and wanted it taken down from 9.5 to about 9.2, wanted a bit smaller tip without changing the cue too drastically. Mine was an old maple hand spliced craftsman that I bought second hand about 10 years ago, ferrule cost me more than the cue but I've had it so long and I like it, so I didn't grudge the money. To be honest I don't notice that much difference regarding playing with side, the blackspin tip was harder than I was used to and it played really good, but I find you need to scuff it up regularly to take chalk well so I'm fitting a normal super tip when I change it. Difference in throw is maybe more noticeable if you were playing with heavier snooker balls. Looks like there is an extra charge for tapering now so it looks like I got it done at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                X