Changes to Crucible Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by benwmbc View Post
    Thank you, sorry it is for next year. Does this mean they will be opening earlier than 9am which I think is what I read, if you say staff are coming in at 6:30am? Cheers.
    Officially no, or at least tickets won;t go on sale until 9am, but possibly they'll let people in earlier to get drinks or whatever, I dunno.

Comment

Got to say that I have lost the little sympathy I had for FRB and the spectator dress code ruling these last few days. He turned up the other night wearing a "ghost town - specials" T-shirt. I am assuming this is because The Specials are from Coventry. His friend next to him wore a shirt saying "sisu - out". Sisu are the Coventry Club owners. The guy - I think - was made to cover it up because later he was wearing what looked like a football top (inside out!) over it.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick farrell View Post
        Got to say that I have lost the little sympathy I had for FRB and the spectator dress code ruling these last few days. He turned up the other night wearing a "ghost town - specials" T-shirt. I am assuming this is because The Specials are from Coventry. His friend next to him wore a shirt saying "sisu - out". Sisu are the Coventry Club owners. The guy - I think - was made to cover it up because later he was wearing what looked like a football top (inside out!) over it.
        I didn't have any sympathy. He and his friend need to grow up.
        Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

He looked a right Muppet proposing to his missus in his footy top, shell suit bottoms and daps..

World snooker done him a favour changing the rules, its not a good look for a middle aged man... Awful going to an event dressed like that!

Comment

The snobbery on this thread is hilarious!

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              The snobbery on this thread is hilarious!
              I take my snobbery rather seriously

Comment

I'm glad the rules have changed. Prior to this, it's frankly been corrupt. I attended some sessions of the semi finals and final in 2016. On the morning of the final, some tickets were released to be sold in person at the box office at the Crucible - 1/3rd of the total allocation, we were told. I went along at 6am or so, and joined a queue of about 20 people. When they finally opened the theatre at 9am, the people at the front of the queue went in. Everyone else waited. And waited. And waited. The two guys who were first to the box office were there for over an hour. They bought the entire allocation of final and semi final tickets there and then. Absolute farce of a situation - and a clear case of the Theatre colluding with touts/organised crime. Reducing the allocation to 4 per person is long overdue.

I still don't understand how those people who are in the same seat for every session every year get their tickets - must be some historical debenture type thing?

Comment

Working...
                X