Pro Triangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks good to me, getting there
    If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

Getting there...

So it's been a bit longer than I anticipated...I've been busy with other projects to be honest, but I think I've got a decent base Design now, it needs a few licks of Paint (once I've decided on the colour) and i still need to put the notches in for the handles, this version hasn't got any rollers on it yet but I think I will be putting some on to help with squaring the Triangle up, I also need to add the marker for the Pink/Black spot.

Here it is, let me know what you think...
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice, I'd leave it bare wood, or varnish it for protection. Rollers are said to leave lines in the cloth though, I'd leave them off if I were you. If you had something on the bottom that lines up with the black spot that would keep things straight.

Comment

I didn't realise that about the lines it leaves on the cloth, cheers for that! I guess it doesn't matter in the Pro Tournaments, as the Cloth gets changed so frequently it probably doesn't have chance to mark the Cloth...

The only reason I was thinking about painting it was due to the marks the cutting blade has made on the inner side of the Triangle, they look like burn marks where the blade has got too hot and scorched the wood slightly... I think next time I will make it a fraction smaller then sand it back hopefully removing any burn marks...The other option would be to glue some sort of Fabric to the inner side to cover them I suppose...

Cheers for your comments.

Phil

Comment

[QUOTE=BigfellaPhil;955322]I didn't realise that about the lines it leaves on the cloth, cheers for that! I guess it doesn't matter in the Pro Tournaments, as the Cloth gets changed so frequently it probably doesn't have chance to mark the Cloth...

The only reason I was thinking about painting it was due to the marks the cutting blade has made on the inner side of the Triangle, they look like burn marks where the blade has got too hot and scorched the wood slightly... I think next time I will make it a fraction smaller then sand it back hopefully removing any burn marks...The other option would be to glue some sort of Fabric to the inner side to cover them I suppose...

Cheers for your comments.

Phil[/QUOTE

Using mine on daily basis for last five years. No markings are visible!
            Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Oh right, to be fair I just re-read Jonny66's last post and he did say 'Rollers are said to leave lines' so maybe someone's told him or his read it somewhere... If they don't leave lines after 5 Years then I think it should be ok. I'm making a few of these anyway, my local Club are interested so I might make some with and some without, thanks, Djax!

Regards,

Phil

Comment

Originally Posted by BigfellaPhil View Post
                Oh right, to be fair I just re-read Jonny66's last post and he did say 'Rollers are said to leave lines' so maybe someone's told him or his read it somewhere... If they don't leave lines after 5 Years then I think it should be ok. I'm making a few of these anyway, my local Club are interested so I might make some with and some without, thanks, Djax!

Regards,

Phil
                Wondering if it's down to how much pressure that's applied in moving triangle? Mine rolls very easy, BTW, felt is in inside edges, gives a tight rack. I roll up just beyond pink spot, then come back down. The reds lock together nicely that way.
                Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Yeah, I think your right... I'll make sure I design the rollers to be nice and free moving, so in theory, you could push the Triangle and let go and it'll just carry on rolling for 6 inches or so... I thought I'd seen a picture with felt on the inside, thanks.

Comment

Yeah, I think your right... I'll make sure I design the rollers to be nice and free moving, so in theory, you could push the Triangle and let go and it'll just carry on rolling for 6 inches or so... I thought I'd seen a picture with felt on the inside, thanks.
                    You would get this off you put bearing in then
                    For that one you've always wanted...
                    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

The first one of these I knew about was called a McCullough triangle I once ebayed one for about £500 !!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Just saw this post whilst browsing and your triangle looks great @BigfellaPhil.
                        Tried to send you a PM but can't for some reason.
                        Would be interested in buying one from you - as long as it's not too expensive!
                        Problem is I would need it within the next 2-3 weeks if possible.
                        Hopefully I will be refereeing the EASB finals weekend next month.
                        If you could reply or send me a PM that would be great.

Comment

Hi marktebbutt,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

I've not really thought of a price as I made deal with my local club where I just get discounted table time, so I didn't actually sell them the few i made...Let
                          me know your area and I'll work out a price for you including postage (unless your local and want to pick up?) 2-3 weeks should be dooable
                          though, I could make it this weekend and get it sent out next week if you confirm you want it...

Kind Regards,

Phil

Comment

Hi marktebbutt,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

I've not really thought of a price as I made deal with my local club where I just get discounted table time, so I didn't actually sell them the few i made...Let
                            me know your area and I'll work out a price for you including postage (unless your local and want to pick up?) 2-3 weeks should be dooable
                            though, I could make it this weekend and get it sent out next week if you confirm you want it...

Kind Regards,

Phil
                            Cheers Phil.

I have sent you a PM - had to be on the full website and not the mobile version.

Mark

Comment

Regards,

Phil
                              I definitely saw lines on the TV recently, it may have been China, but not sure.....

Comment

Working...
                              X