Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to practice befor the line up ? (for cue delivriing ...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mudza View Post
    hi , what practice do you suggest beffor the line up , to keep the cue straight , and cueing proprely ??
    The line down

Comment

The way i've been playing lately i've had lots of practice disassembling my cue and putting it in the case, before it gets turned into firewood or a javelin.

Comment

I know a couple of players who have made century breaks but never cleared the lineout.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          I would say you should be able to achieve that within 2-3 months.

If you are a complete beginner, you will need to learn how to cue straight reasonably consistently. You will also need to learn how to control the white ball.

If you keep focused and try hard each session, you will achieve that in 2-3 months.
          That's one of my goals, the best I've had in a line up is 80 odd. That is achievable if you're practising a lot, just got to be dedicated really and see a coach to make sure you're technique is sound.

My problem is that I haven't been putting the time in but I'm going to give it a good go so I'm at a decent standard by the start of the snooker season.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82dhftcR8mY

2 minutes in, Ronnie's break building drill. That's not a full line up obviously but it might help with the advice.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
              That's one of my goals, the best I've had in a line up is 80 odd. That is achievable if you're practising a lot, just got to be dedicated really and see a coach to make sure you're technique is sound.

My problem is that I haven't been putting the time in but I'm going to give it a good go so I'm at a decent standard by the start of the snooker season.
              The OP was talking about just clearing 15 red balls lined up in the middle of the table. There's no way someone would clear a proper line-up with colours after each red within 2-3 months.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The OP was talking about just clearing 15 red balls lined up in the middle of the table. There's no way someone would clear a proper line-up with colours after each red within 2-3 months.
                Sorry, think you're right there, head's been a bit scrambled. I'll get in contact some point over the next couple of months for a lesson. I've been playing more but not doing enough solo practice, so am going to commit more.

Comment

Tbh that's more what's I do even if not always in line with pink and black. But is very screw\stun based.

I'm on phone so struggling to post a YouTube link: go there and search: Stephen Lee snooker lesson: it has more running shots and he speaks loads of sense despite some idiotic questions...

Comment

I think he meant with colours.

My post above was to the ROS post.

Mighill (drinkled spelling) has a good routine around the blue and one with Reds on cushion using Black.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                      I think he meant with colours.

My post above was to the ROS post.

Mighill (drinkled spelling) has a good routine around the blue and one with Reds on cushion using Black.
                      Nope reds only mate being talked about 

Comment

Watching the video link of Ronnie in this thread, it struck me as to how much backspin he gets on his screw shots by striking the cueball nowhere near as low as I do. When I play a screw shot, and very often not that successfully, you would have a job getting a piece of paper between my tip and the cloth. Ronnie seems to get quite a bit of action on the ball just by striking below centre. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                          Watching the video link of Ronnie in this thread, it struck me as to how much backspin he gets on his screw shots by striking the cueball nowhere near as low as I do. When I play a screw shot, and very often not that successfully, you would have a job getting a piece of paper between my tip and the cloth. Ronnie seems to get quite a bit of action on the ball just by striking below centre. Am I doing something wrong?
                          He aims a bit higher, but when he actually strikes he will dip and strike a bit lower.

You aim very low, but then when you actually hit, you'll come up a bit and hit higher on the white.

That's all it is.

That... And exceptional timing and thousands of hours of practice.
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                            What's wrong with using the line-up to determine how well you're cueing?

If the balls are going in... Chances are, you're cueing straight.
                            Haha trust me, I don't cue straight half the time but they still find their way in sometimes
                            Last edited by OmaMiesta; 5 June 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X