Round Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Looking at white playing the snooker legends thing it looks like his new cue also has a round butt considering the badge is a bit higher than one with a flat. Flat or round personally doesn't really bother me one way or the other, its not that often you would be holding the cue right at the point where you would feel a flat.
    Just about every shot I play I hold the cue right at the end so the flat is very important to me

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Just about every shot I play I hold the cue right at the end so the flat is very important to me
      Does that not make your cue action see saw a bit? Seen people hold cues like that and you can see the tip end wavering up and down when they address the white.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Does that not make your cue action see saw a bit? Seen people hold cues like that and you can see the tip end wavering up and down when they address the white.
        No idea lol, maybe depends upon how long your arms are, your height and stance etc ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          No idea lol, maybe depends upon how long your arms are, your height and stance etc ??
          Possibly, seen some coaching vids with Del Hill and he seems to advocate holding the cue a few inches from the end, and he's no shorty either.

Comment

That's definitely more to do with arm length. Arguably, where del hill says hold afew inches up, what's left hanging out is just spare cue and can be cut off.

Comment

I just put half an inch length very narrow piece of transparent scotch tape on cueing hand area. It can be seen only on close up view. But it is enough to feel it in hand and do a subconsious rotation of cue just before walking in.

Comment

Working...
              X