X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
    [ATTACH]18998[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18999[/ATTACH]

My case with accessories
    Is that a willie smith cue? Looks very similar to one that used to belong to someone i know but he sold it on a while ago via ebay. Same joint style as well through the splices.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
      Is that a willie smith cue? Looks very similar to one that used to belong to someone i know but he sold it on a while ago via ebay. Same joint style as well through the splices.
      Yes it is.
      :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Yes it is.
        Probably the same cue then

Comment

Would imagine so yes.

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

[ATTACH]18994[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18995[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18996[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18997[/ATTACH]
            3/4 Willie Smith cue,telescopic extension,chalk,2 x 6 inch mini-butts,small box for spare chalks,tips & glue,small box for various grades of sand-paper,plas
            tic case with file,2 x rest-head adaptors,cloth tied to carry-handle.
            Last edited by Tim65; 6 January 2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I've sold my Joe Davis 147 Maple one piece cue complete with Cue Craft aluminium case.
              I now have a 'POT IT' One piece plastic cue tube complete with padlock to protect my riley one piece stock cue. As this cue is priceless...literally!!! I've had 7 tons with it already, so my point was proven. You can play with anything! I'm not a cue snob. Never have been. Plus it's quite comical when you smack someone's ass who is!
              Last edited by inevermissblue; 8 January 2018, 12:41 PM.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

My elcheapo case with my legend cue, extending minibutt, long extension, chalk and tip shaper and towel.

Comment

My cue , mini butt , tele extension , packet of wipes , CueCraft cue towel , chalk x2 , CueCraft tip shaper , Peradon bow tie tip tool , Qrite gadget .

Comment

cue, mini-butt, telescopic, chalk, towel, sandpaper, wire wool, superglue, magnetic holder, stanley blade, tip tool, tip cover

Comment

Kamui chalk x2, taom chalk x1 , Mike Wooldridge black legend one piece, f1 telescopic extension,hard wax to burnish the tip edges ,sandpaper strips of different grades ,all kept in a custom wood case

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy32 View Post
                        Kamui chalk x2, taom chalk x1 , Mike Wooldridge black legend one piece, f1 telescopic extension,hard wax to burnish the tip edges ,sandpaper strips of different grades ,all kept in a custom wood case
                        Interesting...what dictates which chalk you pick up? Which is better? Are either worth the extra money?

Comment

I’d been trying out the different chalks to find one that improves upon triangle chalk, I’ve found kamui works very well with most types of tips and does help the tip grip the cue ball better (using MW supertip).
                          There are two versions 0.98 which is softer, or 1.21 which works very well with laminated and pressed tips.
                          Just personal preference , they are in the region of 23 pounds a block but miscues have been eliminated.
                          Taom on the other hand I haven’t been able to get along with , more miscues and doesn’t grip the cue ball as well.

Comment

What hard wax do you use and how do you use it?

Comment

I’d been trying out the different chalks to find one that improves upon triangle chalk, I’ve found kamui works very well with most types of tips and does help the tip grip the cue ball better (using MW supertip).
                              There are two versions 0.98 which is softer, or 1.21 which works very well with laminated and pressed tips.
                              Just personal preference , they are in the region of 23 pounds a block but miscues have been eliminated.
                              Taom on the other hand I haven’t been able to get along with , more miscues and doesn’t grip the cue ball as well.
                              I bought a Kamui chalk but am too scared to open it! - so expensive. Still on the regular triangle stuff and don't find it too bad at all to be honest. Perhaps I don't play enough to get so many kicks and miscues

Comment

Beeswax works well ,you can buy blocks of honey coloured wax , I forget the name of it , I’ll have. Look and come back to you.
                                Basically it’s used to burnish the edge of the tip all the way round , it finishes the tip and stops the edges fraying. I present the block on to the side of tip and spin the cue round , then use the back of sandpaper the smooth side to smooth the edges of the tip, then finish by using some fine grade sandpaper to re finish the tip to keep it even all the way round.
                                I work on a lot of players cues locally in my town.

Comment

Working...
                                X