Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue tip size

Hi all

Point me to a previous thread if there is one...
    Does anyone use a tip smaller than 9mm?
    I've recently started playing again and have been using an old cue from the club. It feels great, nice weight, if a little short, I like it. Unfortunately, It's not alwayss accessible and so I've been looking at getting a new cue with similar dimensions.
    Turns out, when measured, that the tip I've been using is 7mm. This doesn't seem too extreme for me as I used to use a similar size for pool. However, most snooker cues obviously don't come with that as standard. I've tried playing with other cues with 8, 9, and 10mm tips to try and get used to the larger size, but it's like cueing down a large, phallic bedroom aid. Going from 7 to 9mm is a 30% increase and feels and looks positively massive on my bridge.
    Anyone else using non standard tips? Any thoughts on whether I should force myself to get used to a larger size. One part of me is happy/comfortable, but the other part wonders if a larger tip could help improve my currently inconsistent game.
    Ta!

Originally Posted by simonofthepiemans View Post
    Hi all

Point me to a previous thread if there is one...
    Does anyone use a tip smaller than 9mm?
    I've recently started playing again and have been using an old cue from the club. It feels great, nice weight, if a little short, I like it. Unfortunately, It's not alwayss accessible and so I've been looking at getting a new cue with similar dimensions.
    Turns out, when measured, that the tip I've been using is 7mm. This doesn't seem too extreme for me as I used to use a similar size for pool. However, most snooker cues obviously don't come with that as standard. I've tried playing with other cues with 8, 9, and 10mm tips to try and get used to the larger size, but it's like cueing down a large, phallic bedroom aid. Going from 7 to 9mm is a 30% increase and feels and looks positively massive on my bridge.
    Anyone else using non standard tips? Any thoughts on whether I should force myself to get used to a larger size. One part of me is happy/comfortable, but the other part wonders if a larger tip could help improve my currently inconsistent game.
    Ta!
    I've just taken my playing cue from 8.7 to 9.1mm.
    I know it's not a lot but paying snooker with a bigger tip, will help your game a lot.
    I do play more pool than snooker but still get plenty of movement on the white when i need to.
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Considering the tip i'm on at moment, I'm thinking between 8.75 and 9 would be the least jarring. But, as I said above, it's still feels a massive jump.

Comment

I would go 9mm and you will get use to it real quick, plus a lot less unwanted side, more so on longer shots.
        For that one you've always wanted...
        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
        X