R32----147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32----147

Hi, I am new to the forum and seeking advice on a cue.
    I currently have a horrible BCE Mark Selby cue and i cant progress with my game.
    I love snooker and my highest brake is 28 and i think i need to get a decent cue.
    The one i have is poor quality and very sticky.
    I have been trying to choose between 2 cues. The first is a ADR147 cue but i cant find much info review wise on this one.
    The second cue is a Ton Praram TP1 cue. I understand these cues are great quality but i wonder how it would compare to the ADR147?
    Any advice would be much appreciated fellas.

Both are good quality cues.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply
      the adr cue is available for £130 at the mo and the Ton Praram one is £250ish
      Im tempted to order the adr now but i cant make up my mind.
      think i will wait for some more replies

Comment

Ton Praram cues are great, but they're getting more expensive. I personally would snap one up now before the price gets silly.

Comment

is it worth spending a little more and getting a Ton praram cue with the series 2 pro shaft or shall i get the TP1?

Comment

Paying more for a supposedly better shaft guarantees nothing in terms of how it plays. The price differences through the shaft ranges is aesthetic only, that goes for most if not all cue makers

Comment

Same quality, series 2 is better aesthetically!

Comment

cool. thanks for that gents.
                this forum is helpful
                glad i joined

Comment

have you tried the adr147 cue? if so what did you think?

Comment

Originally Posted by R32---147 View Post
                    have you tried the adr147 cue? if so what did you think?
                    Yes, one ash and one maple. Both superb!

Comment

Hi. I've got a £7 Riley stock cue. It was sticky too! I just sanded it down. Once you've done what you need to do, to a cue. Then there is no excuse. Any cue will do the job! Sure. If you want to spend a fortune, do it, but it's not anywhere near necessary. ITS NOT THE CUE...ITS YOU!
                      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                        Hi. I've got a £7 Riley stock cue. It was sticky too! I just sanded it down. Once you've done what you need to do, to a cue. Then there is no excuse. Any cue will do the job! Sure. If you want to spend a fortune, do it, but it's not anywhere near necessary. ITS NOT THE CUE...ITS YOU!
                        In the case of the BCE Mark Selby cue range, it's probably the cue as well....

Comment

no doubt my cue action needs to improve i just dont want to learn with a poor cue.
                          it doesent make sense.
                          thats why i want a cue.
                          I really want as much info as i can get on the ADR147 cue. please post anything you know about it.
                          does anyone think this would be a cue that could last me as my game improves?

Comment

Hello R32,

I Have recently purchased an ADR147 3/4 Ash cue, the value for money is fantastic the ash is spot on very straight and aestheticaly its a very nice looker, only had it a few weeks but am very pleased with it, Also Andrew's (ADR147) helpful advice and after sales service is second to none.

Just my opinion of course, but I dont think you would be dissapointed.

Here it is 57 1/4" 9.5mm tip 18.7 oz sorry about the quality of photos oh and it would'nt be complete without an ADR147 Tip

John.
                            Attached Files
                            Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

thanks for all your replies. i just purchased a ton praram series 2 pro..
                              it was £235 on ebay.
                              its only 3 months old. 58 inch, 19oz, 9,8mm tip, 30mm butt, 17.5 inch balance point.
                              hopefully she will be nice
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X