cue action question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by GavinYorkSnookerCoach View Post
    My opinion is that you get the cue online and then move your body to the cue. Many players try to stand in a certain way but then pull the cue into the body which pulls it offline. I always think the cue is the important part and the body is there to support it. If you concentrate on your body positing you can easily forget about the cue and keeping it online. Just my opinion.
    Hi Gavin

Not disagreeing, just trying to understand the method and the thinking as it's an interesting topic.

I guess my next question would be how do you know it's on line? Sounds daft but obviously this method (which I have heard of) relies on the fact that you place the cue dead straight on line and then bring everything else to the cue which I get, but how does the player ensure the cue is in fact on the correct line given sighting complications (without getting too deep that is).
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

To keep it simple the easiest method is probably place a cue ball on the brown spot and place your cue up to it chiming from the side cushion and then get down to the cue. If you are online your cue should cover the baulk line. The cue will come across the baulk line if you are cueing across. You can also get a friend or coach to see if you are getting down online. I used to concentrate on placing my right foot on the line of aim only to find my cue wasn't online so it was a pointless exercise whereas I cue much better if I place my cue online and then get my body down to the cue and I found that this is a common problem.
      Gavin York.
      Snooker coach based in Northampton, England.
      Level 2 First4Sport Snooker Coach.
      Www.snookercoaching.net

Comment

Originally Posted by GavinYorkSnookerCoach View Post
        To keep it simple the easiest method is probably place a cue ball on the brown spot and place your cue up to it chiming from the side cushion and then get down to the cue. If you are online your cue should cover the baulk line. The cue will come across the baulk line if you are cueing across. You can also get a friend or coach to see if you are getting down online. I used to concentrate on placing my right foot on the line of aim only to find my cue wasn't online so it was a pointless exercise whereas I cue much better if I place my cue online and then get my body down to the cue and I found that this is a common problem.
        Thanks Gary.

I get the method, obviously difficult to see if you are cueing down the baulk line exactly but I can see the thinking.

This is similar to what I've been doing with the mirror I've been sent as it is nice feedback.

There is a piece of elastic going vertical up the centre of the mirror. I place the centre of the mirror directly over the baulk line (with my dominent eye open (you could put a ruler on the mirror and continue it down to the baulk line if you didn't trust your dominant eye).

I then place the cue ball on the brown spot directly under the mirror and cue up to the cue ball.

The elastic going up the mirror should draw a line right through the centre of your cue in the reflection. Regardless of what method you use this is accurate feedback to show whether you are in fact on the line to start with and also if you are cueing straight.

I'm testing it for another 2/3 weeks as it gives great feedback every few days as to whether I am in fact actually adjusting to the new, correct position with the cue going straight down the line.

Obviously the dominant eye thing will always try and talk you into moving but that is the point.

With this method you can also lay the cue on the baulk line with the elastic line going through the centre of the cue and then just pick the cue up and check it is still there.

Comment

Saw this on eBay Shockerz,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-P...4AkG:rk:1:pf:0

Comment

Remember when you tried this for golf Marc?

[IMG][/IMG]
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I get the method, obviously difficult to see if you are cueing down the baulk line exactly but I can see the thinking.

This is similar to what I've been doing with the mirror I've been sent as it is nice feedback............
              Hi Shockerz, could you put a picture up of this setup, not seeing it with my mind's eye

cheers
              matt

Comment

Why don't you give this a try? A simple way to find out what's happening...Helps both aiming AND cueing,,,

Read below...

https://snookerzone.co.uk/how-to-lin...ker-perfectly/
                Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                  That's the one mate, I think it would be great for coaches as you get instant feedback with no guessing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
                    At 12:10pm on the 21st November 2018, Cue Crafty was mean and nasty to me and is going in the book.

Yes, I do like a gadget..............

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                      Hi Shockerz, could you put a picture up of this setup, not seeing it with my mind's eye

cheers
                      matt
                      Hi Matt, Chris has beaten me to it with a link that shows it very well.

Comment

I use the Mirror a lot. Not so much with the Pocket Trainer that comes with it, but the mirror is a great tool for ensuring you're lined up right, or as right as you can be.

I've found that one issue it cleared up for me was I wasn't putting my chin down right on cue, I know some people say you don't really need to put the chin down right on cue, but for me it seems that if I don't the cue goes offline,,,
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Hi Matt, Chris has beaten me to it with a link that shows it very well.
                          thanks Marc, I can see

you put it over the baulk line for extra reference, I was a bit lost there

matt

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                            At 12:10pm on the 21st November 2018, Cue Crafty was mean and nasty to me and is going in the book.

Yes, I do like a gadget..............
                            that really made me laugh.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

that really made me laugh.
                              And me mate.

What a great film that was. Ball.....another ball........another ball!

Comment

Yes mate, makes me want to watch it again!

What event are doing next with the cue sales Mate?
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X