No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhao should be really disappointed not to win this match, because Selby was definitely beatable. I guess the first session was key, as Zhao had good chances to push on from 5-1 and take an ever bigger lead, but his game kind of fell apart at that point. He was missing all kinds of sitters tonight as well.

Looks like luck is on Selby's side this year. An opponent who couldn't punish his mistakes in the 1st round, followed by Gary Wilson who is just about as reasonable an opponent you can hope to get in the 2nd round.

Comment

• As smooth as his technique is, Zhao just needs to keep his concentration up. I mean nobody is able to do this over a whole match, there will always be lapses, but he loses the focus way too often. The other things he tends to lose is the cueball control.

However he is young and those are things that come with the years. Therefore I think his first crucible start should work as an important experience for him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
        This Zhao kid afaik is the same one on snooker sales sections on facebook messaging wanting to buy parris ultimates off people, he must have a sideline in sending cues back to CHina.
        Yes that's him

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Mark Allen playing tomorrow night, wonder if he's been doing his traditional week of living under a bridge before his match starts. ��
        Ha ha ha now that's funny, and spot on !

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Yes that's him

Ha ha ha now that's funny, and spot on !

He always looks like a scruffy little **** at tournaments. Needs to wise up a bit and stop channeling the hobo in him.

Comment

• Some head-scratching decisions by the beeb for their Snooker Extra shows. They show highlights of the Selby vs Zhao match in their first show (the same match that was on the red button live), and then in the second show they show the Higgins vs Davis match, despite bringing us up to date with the result at the end of the first show.

Why not show the Gilbert Vs Perry match that wasn't available anywhere (aside maybe their website)? From what I could hear during the Selby match it sounded quite eventful.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Well... Ronnie's shaved his head
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Yep , the real Ronnie is back !
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• When you Brits say "just about" I think you mean "just barely" In American English "just about" means that it almost happened, but didn't. Do you use "just barely" in any context or is that only used in North America?

Comment

• No practice for the Rocket yesterday he was busy having a new haircut it seams
                    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Effortless from Ronnie .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                        Well... Ronnie's shaved his head
                        Now he needs to get rid of those awful sideburns.

Comment

• Shame Barry Hawkins not playing today he is 40 today. It would have been nice for him to play at the Crucible on the day of his Birthday. As anybody done this played snooker at the crucible the day they turned 40.

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Barry!
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• here's a trivia question for you all who are the only two players to play each other at the Crucible on the day of their birthdays. What year was it and at what stage of the contest.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                Now he needs to get rid of those awful sideburns.
                                and maybe have a go at the glabella while he is at it :wink:
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X