Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jersey Open Snooker Tournament 22nd-24 May 2015

Hi everyone.

It is with great pleasure that after the great success the Jersey Snooker Open in 2014, I can announce that the Jersey Open will again take place On 22nd-24 May 2015 in Jersey, Channel Islands.

Last year we had teams from Plymouth, Southampton, Jersey and Guernsey , 8 teams in total and we are looking to extend on those entries this year. Southampton are currently Putting Two teams together, As are Jersey and i'm sure Guernsey and Plymouth will do and I have had an enquiry from the Portsmouth Snooker association looking to play already. France are also intending to send a team this year.

We are looking for teams from all over the Uk. 4 man teams, entry fee of £25 per man, Depending on the amount of teams we should still be able to play a round robin league format, this will obviously dependant on entries, we may split teams into two groups if there are over 12 teams. The prize fund was over £1000 with the sponsorship last year with the monies we received and are looking to have at least that this year. Hopefully more, There will be a singles event on the Sunday, £20 entry. All entry fees will be paid out as prize money.

Jersey is easily accessible from the Uk by Condor ferries from Poole and Portsmouth, 4 people and a car is the cheapest way to travel. The Hotel and Venue are half a mile from the ferry Terminal. Members from the Jersey Snooker association will be there to meet you at the ferry terminal and show you round as they did last year. I'm currently organising a discount at the Hotel, Bed and breakfast should be around £30 per person per night. I will confirm this shortly

The Venue is The Jersey Mechanics Snooker Club, It has 8 snooker tables, 4 pool tables and 4 poker tables. A really good venue with Excellent tables, They were all re covered just prior to the tournament last year. Hoping to be done again just before the tournament.

If any teams are interested in competing please ask through this post or Pm me, alternitavley use the "contact us" page on The Jersey Snooker association Website http://www.jbsa.org.uk/ For Details.

Last year was a fantastic weekend of Snooker with a lot of good freindships made. Lets make it bigger and better this year.

Aaron

Hi. We have a team from Southampton who are looking enter 22nd to 24th May. Looking for a contact number etc to find out more. Thanks

Comment

Hi Stu. Glad to speak to you and you are booked up to come. Guernsey should follow shortly and another team from Southampton with Mitch and Danny. France are just waiting to confirm a fourth team member and another team.

The hotel is the Stafford hotel in St Helier tel 01534 724953 and room for two people per night is around £75. Will b a great weekend if it's anything like last year!

Anyone wishing to participate or just an enquiry can call/text me on 07797 715899.

Aaron

Comment

We are there again Azzza. Should be 2 teams again. Will probably take it a bit easier on the Friday night this time!

Comment

Hi mate just spoken to Martin, he's going to get back to me over the weekend he's putting teams together. We will be playing on the Friday evening mate so your'e safe!!

Comment

Working...
          X