Old EPA rules, Deliberate Foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post
    In a couple of World Rules leagues I play in we play 15 singles frames, starting 8pm and usually finishing between 10 and 11pm.
    I don't know if its down to some serious lack of ability in the league (although we have England internationals playing in the top league and often teams of Yarmouth finalists / semi finalists) but we only play to 9 throughout all 6 divisions and its not uncommon for the games to go on past 11

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      I'm pool mad but all the different rules are a joke, there should be one set of rules and that's it! Its a pain in the arse switching from one set to another playing in different leagues
      Nothing worse than playing in the pub and some no-hoper comes up and claims "old rules". I can barely remember the old rules !!

Comment

Originally Posted by sleighton View Post
        Nothing worse than playing in the pub and some no-hoper comes up and claims "old rules". I can barely remember the old rules !!
        if I hear this, I ask for further details as I have played about 3 versions of "old rules"

the worst is when they say "oh and only one shot on the Black" which I believe has NEVER been in any official rules set,?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          if I hear this, I ask for further details as I have played about 3 versions of "old rules"

the worst is when they say "oh and only one shot on the Black" which I believe has NEVER been in any official rules set,?
          Sounds about right !

What about someone calling double on the black ? or even better when they call that you can't play backwards down the baulk ?

Comment

Originally Posted by sleighton View Post
            Sounds about right !

What about someone calling double on the black ? or even better when they call that you can't play backwards down the baulk ?
            there you go, two more for the list of "rules that never existed" and the "poor-player resort" :biggrin:
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

1 shot on the black + Cant play up the table on the black

Both "rules" that are desgined by travellers when they are just about to lose from where i live!

Comment

when you have a game that is played on a little table with big pockets, tiny light balls and can be over in a minute with half a dozen soft shots after a smash em up break you really need to make it as complicated as possible, surprised it's not yet been combined with crazy golf or table football

obviously once people learn how to pot and cue properly they move on to snooker, then if they're up to it, billiards

Comment

Originally Posted by thomo2710 View Post

Both "rules" that are desgined by travellers when they are just about to lose from where i live!
                  Lol, so true thomo. Amazing how many "rules" cpme about when someone about to lose!

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                    obviously once people learn how to pot and cue properly they move on to snooker, then if they're up to it, billiards
                    I'm told that youngsters in the north-east of England used to have to master billiards before they were allowed to play snooker. Billiards is an excellent game for learning about angles, how balls interact with each other, using side, and getting to know the pace of the table. All very useful stuff for playing billiards.
                    Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by thomo2710 View Post

possibly ... but actually I think most of these strange "rules" come from when they were kids playing their mate on the wobbly 4x3 table they got for xmas ... those two nine year olds (or whatever) didn't know the official rules so made up their own ... it is amazing how some players can be *so* adamant that their "rule" is the official rule and must be adhered to ...

Comment

Nominate your pocket for the black is another 1 they like round here, if it falls into an Un - nominated pocket for whatever reason they win.

Sometimes it's less hassle just not to argue!

Comment

Working...
                        X