FRAMES PRO-AM Saturday 31st January 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sammyts View Post
    Just had a look, the next one in the series 18th of January so better get ur skates on ! lol.
    Thanks might have a go what is the normal format best of 5 ? Is there a plate event?

Comment

Last one had 37 entrants, best of 9 till 1/4 finals then best of 11 from then on the sunday, best of 3 in the plate.

Comment

Originally Posted by sammyts View Post
        Last one had 37 entrants, best of 9 till 1/4 finals then best of 11 from then on the sunday, best of 3 in the plate.
        Hell, best of 9 is great. I know I'm always talking about the 'good old days' in the 80's but back then everything was best of 5 as we normally had so many players
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Does mean at least if you get 1 of the big guys early on you still get a game for your money.

Comment

The first Satellite tournament on Sunday 18th January is full and the one on the following weekend is just over 50% full .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Frames ran an additional satellite event to try to accommodate as many players as possible , so had 48 Runners . All the Satellite events were over subscribed and they apologise that they were unable to arrange any further additional satellite events, due to time constraints .

But due to the popularity of the Satellite events , they will run more of these events in the future in advance of the Main Tournament .

Anyway , Main Tournament starts at 11am this Saturday and looking forward to see Pro's playing close up .

Comment

Fantastic venue and tables. I was lucky enough to play in one of the private rooms (although way too hot for my liking!), found out I was playing on the WSC 2011 final table for a bit of nostalgia.
                Also saw Martin O'Donnell knock in back to back tons in the semi-finals to qualify along side Gerard Greene.

Comment

Believe that Gerard had 3 ton's that day as well .

Nice room the one that you were in .

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    Back in the day in the late 80's when snooker was booming we used to have pro-ams with around 128 players EVERY WEEKEND somewhere in England or Wales. Entry fees were usually 20GBP I believe (of course it was worth more in those days) and special pro-ams like the Willie Thorne one was more expensive. The nice thing was, since I lived in Leicester I could get almost anywhere in England in 2hrs or less except for Bristol area and Wales.

We didn't get a lot of pros in the regular pro-am but I believe there were more in Willie's and the pros used to give up some kind of start. I remember at a Warner's pro-am I played Tony Chappell in the second round and lost miserably and I don't believe I got a start.

Good times
                    I played in pro-ams at Willie Thornes Leicester and also at Warners pro-am. If I remember the tables were long ways on. Their was no start.

Comment

Excellent day yesterday .....ended up watching 9 hours of Snooker!

Semi Final Results

Marco Fu beat Stuart Bingham 4 - 1 ....I think was watching another match at the same time ! Fu had 109 in the first frame and a 125 in the second .

Allan Taylor beat Bradley Jones 4 - 1 . He had a 106 . Really nice lad is Allan had a quick chat with him . He is using a new Wooldridge cue that he has had for 2 weeks .

Fu won the Final 4 - 3 .

Comment

Any videos of yesterday ?

Comment

One guy was taking some of the Fu - Bingham semi ......but club not set up for that yet . Probably something they may well do in the future though .

Great to sit feet from these players and watch .......and all for nothing .

Hopefully there will be many more of these yo come .

Comment

Originally Posted by RobS View Post
                            Fantastic venue and tables. I was lucky enough to play in one of the private rooms (although way too hot for my liking!), found out I was playing on the WSC 2011 final table for a bit of nostalgia.
                            Also saw Martin O'Donnell knock in back to back tons in the semi-finals to qualify along side Gerard Greene.
                            Gerard Greene played really well against Fu , but Fu had an amazing break to take the deciding frame .

Comment

Working...
                            X