Woods cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods cues

I have just ordered a new Woods Handmade cue, i have read some good and bad reviews from a few years ago and thought i would give it a go, Considering i am using an old peradon that i bought when i was around 18 and it has seen better days.

Just wondering if anyone had ordered from there recently and if they found them to be any good?

I will put a review on once it arrives hopefully this will help others in future.

dont know how it can be possible to make an hand spliced cue with ebony butt for 49 £ including shipping

Comment

I take it that you dont think they are any good from that reply?

Comment

no, i really dont know. just wondering about the price. however, you can be a world champion with a rubbish cue or a looser with an high end cue.

Comment

Agreed, when the cue arrives, i will post some pictures of it this may or may not help others if they are looking to buy a cue from Woods.

Comment

I ordered one 3 weeks before Xmas. He told me it would be here before Xmas and I'm still waiting. He emailed me 2 weeks ago saying it would be 14 days so I have emailed him this morning and am still waiting his reply

Keep me informed if you receive it as I would like to know if it's just me he is messing around

Comment

Did you order it directly off his website?

Comment

I have ordered mine directly from his website a few days ago and not heard anything since myself. I have asked for confirmation he has received the payment but not had a reply just yet.

But he was pretty fast at replying to questions and the specification that I requested will keep you posted sparkey89

Comment

Yes I ordered mine direct aswell. He was also very quick to reply when discussing specs etc but now can't get a response have emailed him 3 times today but no reply

Comment

well that don't go down well since I know the money has gone out of my account

Comment

Yes I know how you feel I did it through PayPal but someone off here said that they don't cover custom cues. Haven't tried to get in touch with PayPal yet but if Kent doesn't reply to me emails by tomorrow night I'm going to have to.

Comment

It might just be me as usual who thinks this and must stress its entirely upto to each individual who they order off and what they spend their money on and frankly none of my business. But when you hear I havent heard off this cuemaker for so long or I've now been waiting this long for a cue and still no confirmation when you've got the likes of Craftsman cues and Greenbaize especially Greenbaize who have countless quality cues with different specs and different styles, Where you pick your cue, the customer service is the best out there IMO and your cue arrives in your hands 2/3 days later.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          It might just be me as usual who thinks this and must stress its entirely upto to each individual who they order off and what they spend their money on and frankly none of my business. But when you hear I havent heard off this cuemaker for so long or I've now been waiting this long for a cue and still no confirmation when you've got the likes of Craftsman cues and Greenbaize especially Greenbaize who have countless quality cues with different specs and different styles, Where you pick your cue, the customer service is the best out there IMO and your cue arrives in your hands 2/3 days later.
                          Add Crispian Jones and Andy Travis to that as well although they are a bit more expensive but very approachable and very open to having a conversation with potential customers before and after they have your money i should add!! lol

Their customer service and responding to queries and questions are second to none from what i have encountered personally.
                          If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

think you should be little more patient, they shurely have got a lot of emails. and if they ship from china for this price you cant expect ups express, rather flotsam. remember the bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Comment

The 3 star cues have good reviews and I wanted something cheap and go back to using maple again so thought this was the best option. After I am sure I cam upgrade to something of better quality if it's not up to standard. Must be nice to be able to go out and buy the best of everything
                              And as for waiting. If he had told me it would have been 2,3,5 months I would have waited. But when you get told it will be here before Xmas and it's no, then he keeps telling you 2 weeks and after 2 weeks another 2 it gets a bit old and you start to wonder if he is trying to rip you off.
                              As I'm writing the reply Kent has just emailed me saying the cue is ready and he will send some pics within 2 days. So fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X