Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOHN PARRIS CLASSIC CUE - No Longer Available

JOHN PARRIS CLASSIC CUE

Up for grabs is my fantastic John Parris Classic cue. This is an early Red Glue model. This cue has been extended by John Parris with 4 splices of Rosewood then green and maple veneers, front splice of Ebony with further green and maple veneers. Lovely straight grain Ash Shaft, the cue is in fantastic condition and also come with both mini butt and extendable extension. The specs of this cue are:
    Length - 60"
    Tip - 9.6mm
    Butt - 29.8mm
    Weight - 18.5oz
    Balance at 19"
    Price is ?450 ono

List Date: 1/27/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: JOHN PARRIS CLASSIC CUE
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

60 inches Bit on the long side. Nice looking stick though.

Comment

I have the same Cue except down here in Canada I can easily get $800 for it...red glues aren't easy to find here.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
        I have the same Cue except down here in Canada I can easily get $800 for it...red glues aren't easy to find here.
        The "red glue" cues make no difference. There's some weirdly held belief that these specific cues were more likely to be made by John or they were made at a time where their cues were better. They were using red glue upto around 2006 or so, and that's long after the point where there was more than just one person working on the cues.

Comment

Err you do realise $800 is less than this cue
          And have you really got the same cue, as this is a one off design

Comment

Les's price of 450 pounds equals $850 Cnd or more.

BTW, welcome from your neighbour down the road. May meet you at a tourney in Toronto or London one day.
            The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Err you do realise $800 is less than this cue
              And have you really got the same cue, as this is a one off design
              Ahh my mistake, thought he was talking dollars. And no not exactly the same, mine has a plain ebony butt.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                Les's price of 450 pounds equals $850 Cnd or more.

BTW, welcome from your neighbour down the road. May meet you at a tourney in Toronto or London one day.
                Haha yea just realized. And nice where do you usually play?

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  The "red glue" cues make no difference. There's some weirdly held belief that these specific cues were more likely to be made by John or they were made at a time where their cues were better. They were using red glue upto around 2006 or so, and that's long after the point where there was more than just one person working on the cues.
                  I think that would depend on the year it was made, mine was one of the first classics made sometime in the late 80's so pretty sure it was made by him. Not that it really matters.

Comment

Haha yea just realized. And nice where do you usually play?
                    I play at Stroker's in London. I've played in a couple of OSA qualifiers at Shooters in Toronto earlier. Going to Corner Bank on Saturday, Jan. 31/15 for the first OSC tourney. Really looking forward to seeing this new club, heard great things about it, can't wait.
                    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                      I play at Stroker's in London. I've played in a couple of OSA qualifiers at Shooters in Toronto earlier. Going to Corner Bank on Saturday, Jan. 31/15 for the first OSC tourney. Really looking forward to seeing this new club, heard great things about it, can't wait.
                      You wont be disappointed, I used to go to Master Q religiously but ever since Corner opened up...its the new spot ill tell you that much. Beautiful tables with high maintenance and really nice atmosphere...plus a lot of pros to learn from. Maybe Ill see you there, lookout for a short weiner kid

Comment

cue now sold

Comment

Working...
                        X