0000 wire wool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0000 wire wool?

Hi guys just wanted to know where do you buy this from? Theres some at wilkinsins but dont say 0000 grade? Only fine medium and coarse?

I got mine from Amazon because I had other things to make up an order over £10. You should get it from any decent hardware or paint shop, or B&Q, Screwfix etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liberon-LIBS.../dp/B000TVIWXW

Comment

0000 grade is ultra fine by the way.

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
        0000 grade is ultra fine by the way.
        put some oil on it and make it even finer.

Comment

I bought a yard of high quality branded 0000 wire wool from eBay for £2 including postage last week. Locally, B&Q, Homebase and Screwfix only had 'Fine' which was too coarse. Took about three days to get here.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
            put some oil on it and make it even finer.
            One of my daft questions, would that be linseed oil Andy, or does it not matter. Does that bring it down into what I would call a polishing grade?, thanks.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

0000 wire wool?

Thats what I mean no shops seem to have 0000? btw need it to remove some laquer really... cant buy online at the mo as paypal is currently not set up..

Comment

I have definitely seen it in B&Q .

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  One of my daft questions, would that be linseed oil Andy, or does it not matter. Does that bring it down into what I would call a polishing grade?, thanks.
                  Yes I put linseed oil on it and yes you could call it that.

Comment

Send me your Name and Address and if my local has it on shelf i will send you some in packet if not i send you some of mine ok.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by screw View Post
                    Hi guys just wanted to know where do you buy this from? Theres some at wilkinsins but dont say 0000 grade? Only fine medium and coarse?

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                      Yes I put linseed oil on it and yes you could call it that.
                      Cheers Andy, I picked up a rack cue for a game of pool last night, a rare occasion, but it felt really really nice, rekon the boss would let me have it for a tenner or less, so I might take a gamble, strip it down and see what's what.

Comment

Thanks for your offer mate. Very generous of you. Dont worry ill just pop into b&q when im passing by and get my hands on some of that stuff. Now that I know where its hiding lol.

Comment

which is finer? 0000 or 00000 ?

Comment

At the very least the rack cue would be ideal to practice on.

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
                              which is finer? 0000 or 00000 ?
                              I'm selling a packet of fresh air if anyone's interested?

Comment

Working...
                              X