Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainsworth Precision cloth problems

Hi guys,

About 6 months ago i had a Hainsworth Precision cloth fitted to replace my 'old' Strachan No 10 cloth which had lost his stretch completely after 3 months.
    Initial i was very satisfied with the Precision cloth till a couple of weeks ago a problem occured which made playing almost impossible.
    One day before playing a game i brushed the table like i always do and after a few shots we noticed this green wool fibers on the cueball. It became such a problem that we had to clean the cueball after each shot! It was just unplayable. We brushed again, changed balls, changed brush. Without any sign of improvement. The only way i can play a few frames now without this problem is to vacuum-clean the table right before. I never had this kind of problems with Strachan cloths.

Some more info:
    My table is in a temperature controlled room with low humidity. The table is also heated.
    I look after it very good with regular brushing and always cover the table when i don't play.
    In fact nothing has changed since the new cloth is on exept that i now use a ballstar cleaner. But yet again, tried it with cleans balls, polished balls, dirty balls, all have the same outcome.

I hope i can get some sort of solution or maybe someone has had the same problem?

I might send an e-mail to Hainsworth.

Cheers
    Tim
    Last edited by Staezione; 13 February 2018, 10:34 PM.

I have a 6811 on my table in a very dry room and I have the same problem. I just ignore it as it only happens when the humidity gets very low, like below 40%. It's the nap coming out of the cloth because the underlaying fibers have shrunk a bit due to extremely low moisture.

Humidity should be just below 50% to get the best results. Problem here is in the winter cold the outside humidity goes very low.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      I have a 6811 on my table in a very dry room and I have the same problem. I just ignore it as it only happens when the humidity gets very low, like below 40%. It's the nap coming out of the cloth because the underlaying fibers have shrunk a bit due to extremely low moisture.

Humidity should be just below 50% to get the best results. Problem here is in the winter cold the outside humidity goes very low.
      Terry, we are also experiencing a very dry winter (humidity wise) here in the UK. My room has normally 50/60% humidity level. Majority of this winter has not risen above 45% Dehumidifier not switched in once.
      Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Hi Terry,

Strange. With Strachan i've never had this issues. Maybe the quality differs from cloth to cloth.
        I'm around 55% in my room.

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post

Hi Terry,

Strange. With Strachan i've never had this issues. Maybe the quality differs from cloth to cloth.
          I'm around 55% in my room.
          Could be the wool/nylon mix of hainsworth has a different absorption and drying rate than Strachan with their 100% wool?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Could be the wool/nylon mix of hainsworth has a different absorption and drying rate than Strachan with their 100% wool?
            Isn't Hainsworth 100% wool also?

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
              Isn't Hainsworth 100% wool also?
              I thought I read on their website before that they have a 5% nylon mix with the wool.
              Of course their new website is next to useless for useful info
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I thought I read on their website before that they have a 5% nylon mix with the wool.
                Of course their new website is next to useless for useful info
                You are correct Dean, in your assumption.
                Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Working...
                X