Snooker in Shropshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker in Shropshire

Has anyone played at Little Dawley SC or Minnesota Fats? I was a member at Shrewsbury Snooker Centre before it closed so I'm just getting my act together finding somewhere else, so I was looking for recommendations/opinions on these places or for suggestions of anywhere else locally, the nearest Riley's are Stafford and Wolverhampton but I don't really want a 20 mile trip.
    Finding information on clubs seems so difficult as a lot of the info on the internet is well out of date!

Thanks very much.

Go old school and try "the good old yellow pages"

I would find it amazing if a town the size of Shrewsbury had no snooker club.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
      Go old school and try "the good old yellow pages"

I would find it amazing if a town the size of Shrewsbury had no snooker club.
      I think I'd be more depressed than amazed if it turned out that Shrewsbury had no club ... If you know anybody who played in the league from your local club that has just shut, then they'll know of any working men's clubs/conservative clubs etc. that have a couple of tables or more.
      Some of these places have very well kept tables, a better atmosphere than your average Riley's and, if you're lucky, cost next to nothing for the light.

Comment

Hi all. I've just moved into Shropshire and will no doubt be getting my cue out for a knock once settled in. Just wondered if anyone on here knows the best places to play? The Raven hotel isn't far from me and I've heard good things about it. Will go take a peek on the next couple of days to see what the craic is.
        In the meantime if anybody knows any more I'd appreciate the advice. Also who are the main sticks???
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
          Hi all. I've just moved into Shropshire and will no doubt be getting my cue out for a knock once settled in. Just wondered if anyone on here knows the best places to play? The Raven hotel isn't far from me and I've heard good things about it. Will go take a peek on the next couple of days to see what the craic is.
          In the meantime if anybody knows any more I'd appreciate the advice. Also who are the main sticks???
          Hi mate,

I played County against Shropshire at the Raven hotel. I can't help regarding the table rate but they do decent food and have 3 tables in total. 2 were generous with nice cloths and the 3rd is a Star table which again ran lovely as you'd expect.

I can't be of anymore help as only visited once but there's a brief overview pal.
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Hi Tomwalker. Cheers for that mate. Sounds right up my street! Literally!!! I will defo be going there soon. I'm itching for a game. As for the brief heads up, your a Star!
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Hi Tomwalker. Cheers for that mate. Sounds right up my street! Literally!!! I will defo be going there soon. I'm itching for a game. As for the brief heads up, your a Star!
              Hi mate,

Just came across this thread, did you ever play here??

Comment

Not sure about tables but I bought a couple of cues in Church Stretton antiques centre and another in Much wenlock, oh and a Triplette billards game in Ludlow!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                  Hi mate,

Just came across this thread, did you ever play here??
                  Yes mate! Its superb. A pub with 3 tables in (the Star is fantastic!).
                  I usually go up on a Friday afternoon or evening. This is the best time for me as I finish work at 11:00am. Let me know if you ever fancy coming up for a game? There's also a club in Wem town. A royal British legion, also with 3 tables. Recently recovered and brand new TC's. Think I died and went to heaven moving to Shropshire!
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

I usually go up on a Friday afternoon or evening. This is the best time for me as I finish work at 11:00am. Let me know if you ever fancy coming up for a game? There's also a club in Wem town. A royal British legion, also with 3 tables. Recently recovered and brand new TC's. Think I died and went to heaven moving to Shropshire!
                    I used to live there - amazing place.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi mate, glad to hear you enjoyed it there! I could maybe pop up one Friday for a knock, I work til 4 but would actually book a day off to come over for a game sometime. I'll let the new snooker season begin then send you a PM to arrange something!

Comment

Working...
                      X