Wider Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    I don't remember saying anything about Hendry dropping his shoiulder, but I do remember saying he dropped his ELBOW into his back on the backswing and then raised it on the delivery. I also noted he used to twist his back like a pretzel. The elbow movement was just one more thing he had to coordinate perfectly and my own belief is when he got to 30 and lost some of that youthful natural hand-eye coordination he was no longer able to time everything perfectly like he could when he was 25yrs old.
    Apologies again TD; my memory is a bit ropey. Yeah, his supine posture and foot in line routine was something else, His arm was like a laser. But he couldn't keep it up and anything that's physically tiring and wearing will fail post 30, it happens to all sportsmen. I think folk like Ronnie, Bingo and Perry have been wise.

But Hendry does have those 7 world titles and a ton of records to look back on and smile at now, so his tricky set-up may not be all bad.

Comment

Simply a lack of practice in my opinion. Once Hendry was 30, he'd already won 7 world titles, and had beaten Davis' record. After that, you lose the hunger, stop putting in 8 hours a day, and you're not as good. Simple.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
        You beginning to sound like me Jim....lol
        Ha Ha! When I can cue as well as you ,I will be happy.
        I do like a moan about my game don't I , which is strange because I'm quite laid back in general life, I think I save it all up for snooker
        Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        Simply a lack of practice in my opinion. Once Hendry was 30, he'd already won 7 world titles, and had beaten Davis' record. After that, you lose the hunger, stop putting in 8 hours a day, and you're not as good. Simple.
        Yep I agree Ted, he had a young family as well , once he had beaten SD record ,he had nothing to prove to himself anymore and the drive just left him.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Ha Ha! When I can cue as well as you ,I will be happy.

i'd be happy when i can make my first 50, i can feel it in my water coming anytime in the next 10 years..

Comment

i'd be happy when i can make my first 50, i can feel it in my water coming anytime in the next 10 years..
            You've never topped 50?

I played you, didn't I? You seemed more than capable of the odd 50+ break...
            Last edited by pottr; 16 August 2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I know I have said it loads of times before but I don't understand how you can do those straight cueing exercises so well but haven't knocked in a fifty, just shows snooker is a bit more than cueing straight, if it was just cueing straight, I reckon you would be making maximums Alabadi!
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Do you mean in a frame/match? I can't believe you've never made one in practice..
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                  Do you mean in a frame/match? I can't believe you've never made one in practice..
                  made plenty in practice 72 my best, 87 on the line up. however in a match it seems things don't work out.

my best in a game is 48 .

it could be the standard of player i'm playing, most frames the big colours are either tied up or on the cushions, even reds can be all over the place either pushed to one side of the table or in little bunches on cushions again.

so the opportunities to make high breaks don't come along that often , however there have been opportunities and i just have broken down on a 20 or 30+

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                  You've never topped 50?

I played you, didn't I? You seemed more than capable of the odd 50+ break...
                  Tell me about it, if you played me now you would notice i have improved in certain areas, break building isn't one of them

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  I know I have said it loads of times before but I don't understand how you can do those straight cueing exercises so well but haven't knocked in a fifty, just shows snooker is a bit more than cueing straight, if it was just cueing straight, I reckon you would be making maximums Alabadi!
                  you are right there Jim, you aren't the only one who has told me that i should be doing better than i am doing.
                  maybe this is what is holding me back a bit, because i know i am capable when i keep missing the opportunities its effecting my focus..... i probably need a Steve Peters in my corner to get that monkey off my back....lol
                  Last edited by alabadi; 17 August 2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X