Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never heared of there is a cue maker whose name is Mark Richard in China. Was it made in China or you just bought from China?
    But never mind, so long as it plays well for you.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      I use Chrome, that's not the problem, instead of pasting the whole album, you need to paste each individual IMG code for each picture
      That's a nice cue! :snooker:
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by crazybeans View Post
        I've never heared of there is a cue maker whose name is Mark Richard in China. Was it made in China or you just bought from China?
        But never mind, so long as it plays well for you.
        Well it's advertised as English made but I'd imagine they just switched the badge plays well tho very happy with it

Comment

• New projects to be started. I have not made cues in almost two years and these are 5 that I want to try. Should be completed in the next 3 weeks as these are weekend projects. In my previous attempts I shied away from using veneers but I am giving it a try this time. Plain designs. No multisplices. I will be posting these completed cues in the next few weeks. Shafts are bought in as I have no access to quality ash. Know some people may turn their noses at this but it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post

New projects to be started. I have not made cues in almost two years and these are 5 that I want to try. Should be completed in the next 3 weeks as these are weekend projects. In my previous attempts I shied away from using veneers but I am giving it a try this time. Plain designs. No multisplices. I will be posting these completed cues in the next few weeks. Shafts are bought in as I have no access to quality ash. Know some people may turn their noses at this but it is what it is.
            Nice one good luck.
            In my opinion no one should have an issue about bought in shafts, purely because of the fact that you have made it clear they are bought in.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post

New projects to be started. I have not made cues in almost two years and these are 5 that I want to try. Should be completed in the next 3 weeks as these are weekend projects. In my previous attempts I shied away from using veneers but I am giving it a try this time. Plain designs. No multisplices. I will be posting these completed cues in the next few weeks. Shafts are bought in as I have no access to quality ash. Know some people may turn their noses at this but it is what it is.
              Nice one good luck.
              In my opinion no one should have an issue about bought in shafts, purely because of the fact that you have made it clear they are bought in.

Comment

• I can see most of the photos ( except two) looks good.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Alice

They say pearwood warps
                  They say pearwood is whippy
                  They say pearwood is very rare
                  They say pearwood splits
                  They say pearwood is very expensive
                  They say they wont make one

They know nothing!

I would not be surprised if the number of snooker cues not old billiards cues made of swiss steamed pearwood in the whole world was less than 50 nah make that 20.

I've had mine a few years now and there is no better shaft wood imaginable. smoother than Barry White, the Drifters, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross all of them. Plays like Ash, is dead straight.
                  Got me a problem again with my camera so here's a link to Alice when she was born.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...alice+pearwood
                  Last edited by jimmymoller; 10 September 2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimmymoller View Post
                    They say pearwood warps
                    They say pearwood is whippy
                    They say pearwood is very rare
                    They say pearwood splits
                    They say pearwood is very expensive
                    They say they wont make one

They know nothing!

I would not be surprised if the number of snooker cues not old billiards cues made of swiss steamed pearwood in the whole world was less than 50 nah make that 20.
                    I've had mine a few years now and there is no nicer shaft wood imaginable. smooth as the white of a hard boiled egg.
                    Got me a problem again with my camera so here's a link to Alice when she was born and a pic I've managed to upload here taken a few min ago where I've left my hand in view so you can see her true colour.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...alice+pearwood
                    Nice cue Jim, I've just been refinishing my mates old cue and I'm sure that's pearwood, it's an old cue and looks too dark to be maple I think.

Comment

• Show me a pic our kid I reckon I should be able to tell.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimmymoller View Post
                        Show me a pic our kid I reckon I should be able to tell.
                        I'll try get a pic up tomorrow, suppose it might be old maple, pear or hornbeam.

Comment

• Latest cue is now ready. Don't even know the specs, just that it played great when it was at an earlier stage of completion. .

Comment

• Very nice, just a couple of arrows.

Almost looks antique in the picture.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                              Latest cue is now ready. Don't even know the specs, just that it played great when it was at an earlier stage of completion. .

Is that an Andy Hunter cue?
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• That will be a great playing cue! Nearly matching!
                                image.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X