Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predator Blak 2 cue. Anyone have one for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predator Blak 2 cue. Anyone have one for sale?

Good evening, gentlemen.

I realise it's rather a long shot, but does anyone have a second-hand Predator Blak 2 cue (in reasonable condition) they would be prepared to sell?

Many thanks,
    T and M.

How about trying a pool forum such as TPF biggie. You'll probably have more success there. Or maybe AZB? :biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
      Good evening, gentlemen.

I realise it's rather a long shot, but does anyone have a second-hand Predator Blak 2 cue (in reasonable condition) they would be prepared to sell?

Many thanks,
      T and M.
      Why is your friend after a Blak 2? And which series? They are on their third incarnation, i believe.

They are also rather expensive for what they are. I sold the butt only of my first generation Blak1 for 300 notes...

I was also fairly underwhelmed with it as a cue. A lot of predator models are the same basic cue, just with different designs and inlays. The USP for preds is their LD shafts - butts are largely there for decoration. Given that, I'd recommend an older full splice sneaky Pete with stainless steel joint - this is effectively the same cue as a Blak, but a lot less dough. I quit buying and selling cues for a hobby a few years ago and have kicked myself regularly for passing on several sneakies that sold on eBay for stupid prices (100-130). There haven't been many preds on eBay recently and the market is effectively dead in the uk. I hear good things about their newer sneakies too, the roadline series, so that is another option. I've owned an Ikon 8 and P3 and was unimpressed with both.

You could use the wanted section on azb, but they tend to want top dollar, and the pound is incredibly weak. My sneaky was 275 dollars brand new - they'll want more than that for one that is used, so play hard ball if you go down that route. Offer no more than 60% retail price for one in excellent condition.

Whether you buy here or in the US, make sure you know what you are getting - predators are notorious for failing, especially the ferrules and Uniloc joints, which often become lose during play. Whatever you do make sure the ferrule has no problems - their failure rate is legendary, and you must send then back to the states for repair, and you're not covered under warranty if you're not the original owner.

I keep quite a close eye on the uk side of things so will let you know if anything interesting comes up. A lot depends on how good your friend is - if he is very good and keen to improve, it may be worth the investment. If he is content being a social player, he should save his money. But preds are pretty much the only cue that will hold their value in the uk so he'll be ok as long as he doesn't over pay. He'll take an absolute bath if he buys a high dollar cue from another maker and tries to sell it down the line.

Comment

Evening, Mr B.

Many thanks indeed for that comprehensive appraisal, you certainly know your onions and the advice is much appreciated.

I did tell my buddy everything you said the last time around but he has set his heart on a Predator Blak 2. What can I say! He plays in the same Romanian pool hall that Darren Appleton frequents (I believe Daz might now be part owner but don't quote me).

Anyway, Liviu (my mate) borrowed a Blak 2 for a few frames, fell in love with it, and has been trying ever since to find a decent second hand one for himself. I questioned him about the LD shaft, too, and got the impression it wasn't a problem. He's either got one already or knows where to get one, I guess. He is certainly an accomplished player, though, probably in the top few within Bucharest (which is the same as saying the whole country) but, that said, I still get the impression he cannot afford top dollar.

Thanks again, sir, for your time and generous advice.

Comment

Apologies, I missed your question about which series.

Alas, I'm afraid I don't know, I'll send him an email. To the best of my knowledge none of them are in production anymore... or 'retired' as the company likes to call it.

Comment

Good evening, gentlemen.

Many thanks,
            T and M.
            I am confused. ...
            Where in the original post does it say the cue is not for the original poster? spooky!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good morning, Dean.

Some months ago Mr B mentioned on another thread that he had an out-of-production predator Blak 2 cue and we started chatting about my Romanian mate's long-held ambition to own one. He advised advertising on here (and other fora) and I'm just now getting around to it.

I am aware many folks on here like to cause trouble by suggesting I am Mr Big Shot under another guise. It is tiresome and I have learnt to ignore their petty jibes, believing them to be mostly hypocrites or simply online trolls. I have more respect for you however, sir, so will offer you the plain truth for you to make of it what you will.

I have never registered or used any other account other than toastandmarmite on this forum. Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, I do not personally know any other person who uses this forum, nor do I contact them privately (other than to use this site's PM function once or twice for completely innocuous purposes). As a moderator, if you are able, I am quite happy for you to look at those PMs if you so wish.

Kind regards,
              Toastandmarmite.

Comment

morning T&M

another conspiracy theory busted :wink:

seriously I was thinking I had missed something :biggrin:

I never thought you were a duplicate account

have a nice weekend

Comment

And you, too, sir!

I'm a big Olympics fan so will be virtually glued to the sofa.

Comment

yep thoroughly enjoying watching all the sports you never see usually
                    father in law has been out there for three weeks back Tuesday, lucky so and so
                    Last edited by DeanH; 20 August 2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Apologies, I missed your question about which series.

Alas, I'm afraid I don't know, I'll send him an email. To the best of my knowledge none of them are in production anymore... or 'retired' as the company likes to call it.
                      Yes, they are all retired, although retailers will still have lots of the third series in stock. They tend to heavily discount when new models are released- might be an idea to put yourself on seyberts mailing lists to get advanced notification.

You should also bear in mind there *shouldn't* be any difference between any of the 12 Blak models, other than design and inlays etc. They *should* play the same. That said, the reason i bought mine was after playing with a mate's, who bought his from Darren Appleton- it was the cue Daz won a world 9ball with, and it played lights out, much better than mine. But in theory the only difference is design. The later models also fit the weight bolt kit and the extension, so that's something to consider as well.

Every time I've bought the same model of a friend's cue I've liked, I've been disappointed. Always recommend thoroughly test driving a cue before purchase.

Comment

There's one on eBay at the moment, toastie. Too rich for my blood, but may be a reasonable deal for a European.

Comment

Always makes me smile when someone wants a certain brand of cue because they tried one and it played ace.

Never had two cues that played the same - so my advice to your friend is to buy that one he tried.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Always makes me smile when someone wants a certain brand of cue because they tried one and it played ace.

Never had two cues that played the same - so my advice to your friend is to buy that one he tried.
                            Agree 100%.

Comment

Working...
                            X