Omin cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jimmymoller View Post
    No need to re-splice it. Get the brass joint out and insert a plug and glue it all back together as a one piece easy peasy.
    Except it would look ****. This isn't bodge snooker cues RUS you know. :biggrin-new: And it probably wouldn't even be straight as the plug could not hold a cue straight over it's length nor would a plug be that strong. It would also end up half an inch shorter. And even if you did plug it, you'd still have to shave/sand the butt end because the diameter of of wood at the back of the joint is usually slightly bigger than at the front of the joint. Or you could just leave that little step. :biggrin-new:

A bolt and two lots of resplicing is the way to go.

Or you could just glue the joint together with superglue INE and it's a one-piece then. If you take a mini butt extension and superglue that into the socket, then get some plumbers epoxy and whack that on top of the extension to make a chamfer shape, spray it black, you'd have a longer cue for about £5. Just go the whole bodge job mate.
    Last edited by Big Splash!; 18 August 2016, 10:00 PM.

Comment

No need to re-splice it. Get the brass joint out and insert a plug and glue it all back together as a one piece easy peasy.
      That's what I meant Jimmy ,when I said join the butt to the shaft , kind of dowel it together, but I like Rdps idea of splicing over the joint and blending in to make it look like it's been a one piece all the time, I'm sure that could be done.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Why would it look crap? All i'm saying is to make a 3/4 into a one piece is to effectively replace the brass joint with a pin/dowel/ bolt / rod, whatever making the joint much the same as M Wooldridge and J Butters to name but two have done with their invisible joint idea and fill it with araldite whatever.

Daft bloody idea anyway just stick it on ebay and buy a real cue.

Comment

It's an Omin Victory I have, as I say I think it's a Chinese /Thia one, but a real nice cue anyway. I remember this all came out a couple of years or so ago and I tried to get an answer from Omin directly, they just waffled a bit without saying anything really, but didn't disown it as one of theirs, didn't say it was one either.

Comment

Thanks, I quite like the look of the victory!

Comment

I found this advert for a " modern " Victory and other Omin cues. There are a few differences from mine. The badge wording is different, the joint on mine looks shorter and fatter, it also has Omin stamped on it, on the back of the butt there was a hologram not the kind of bar code that is on the cues nowadays, as I say I honestly don't know what's what with Omin, but if these cues are made by the same people as mine I would highly recommend them, it is a big big IF though.
              https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OMIN...08.4.11.iikeEx

Comment

That one comes from China mainland ....

Although I have found an imagine cue which looks to be thai made its one of the models listed on original omin. So maybe...

Comment

Originally Posted by rdp50734 View Post
                  That one comes from China mainland ....

Although I have found an imagine cue which looks to be thai made its one of the models listed on original omin. So maybe...
                  I'm sure there was a fight over the term original Omin, and both the Chinese and the Thia makers were using it at the same time for a while, I could be wrong though.
                  Had a wee look around, I think you are right , the imagine is a Thia made real Omin cue.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 22 August 2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Why would it look crap? All i'm saying is to make a 3/4 into a one piece is to effectively replace the brass joint with a pin/dowel/ bolt / rod, whatever making the joint much the same as M Wooldridge and J Butters to name but two have done with their invisible joint idea and fill it with araldite whatever.

Daft bloody idea anyway just stick it on ebay and buy a real cue.
                    Agreed, no matter how it was done, there'd be no square end of shaft at the butt end so what would be the point? The whole point of a one-piece is to have the feedback down the shaft, all the way to the butt. With lots of ebony running from the joint down to the butt, the cue might feel like a clunker.

Comment

Don't you guys ever look at Alibaba, or made in china.com? There has been for a good while now lots of Omin "supervised" cues advertised. It seems O'min set up some deal with Chinese manufacturing companies to produce cues using his brand name where the build process is supervised by some of his guys. None of the badges names are the same as what Omin Thailand advertise on their site which is the key to realising where they are made and not all have "supervised" badges.
                      I dont believe Mr O make deals with chinese people. He started making cues zhen he was 15 y old. He is now around 50 and very pride of his product.
                      Last year I bought a cue from his shop in thailand. I liked it and the cue played well. He played 2 shots with it and told his staff to start all over making a new one as this one didnt satisfy him. He is pride of his cues...I dont beleive he will make deal with chinese or any other.

Comment

Working...
                      X