No announcement yet.

proper way of aiming when stand up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know nothing about UK 8ball as I've never seen the table in person, let alone played the game.
    However, some weeks ago I had a crack at local regional 9ball tournament and I scored an unbelievable second place!!! I still find it hard to believe as there were at least 8 or so better players than me at this 30 men tournament.
    Started badly with a 9 racks to 1 thrashing, so went off to left side of the draw or one-loss side as some call it. For those who do not play 9ball tournaments, double elimination draw is used very often. Match by match my game got better and better. It took at least 4 matches for me to start feeling comfortable at the table. I play 9ball very rarely these days, as snooker has become my main game. In the semi final I managed to beat the guy who gave me thrashing in the first round, 9 racks to 3 for me this time. Final? This time one of the top guys at national level was my opponent, not impossible to beat him, but it was a step too far.

What has snooker done for my 9ball:
    - endless patience - I could play safeties for hours
    - rest play - others stretch, I love to play with it
    - stun shots - better than ever

What has snooker not done for my 9ball:
    - some shots I treat with too much respect, as if on snooker table
    - lost some feel for fast Simonis napless cloth and US style cue, hence poorer positioning than when I was only playing pool

I will definitely play both games at tournaments. Love the challenge of being almost completely out of comfort zone.

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
      I practise with him most Friday afternoons (well in a manner of speaking) lol. He's knocking in tons and frame winning visits the majority of the time! So no, I'm as in the dark about it as you. What I would say though, and this is only my opinion. Is that when he exploded onto the scene, he was beating most people, so was seen as a threat. Nowadays I suppose people see him as an easier draw. Which would give them more confidence than before, allowing them to perform better.
      I still believe he has time to get back to where he should have been. He's far too good not to.
      Jamie suffered of form of tremor in one of his hands some time ago, or something in that mold. This is why he dropped down the ranking. Looks like he finally found a treatment.

"amie began the 2011/12 season with the announcement that he had been diagnosed with an essential tremor, a hereditary condition that his father had also suffered from. Jamie told me at the time how the condition had affected him:

“For the past year or so I have found that I have struggled to stop my head and right arm from shaking which left me feeling unbalanced during so many matches, even during practice.”

“I am still testing it at the moment but since returning to practice having started a new course of medication it seems to be working. I have also been told that there is an alternative should it not solve the problem which is also reassuring.”

“It is a huge weight off my shoulders now and hopefully now I can push on.”

Despite the medication however, Jamie struggled to make an impression on tournaments during the early stages of 2011/12 with the result that he was to fall out of the world’s top 16 at the time of the first mid-season seedings revision."

More here > http://www.prosnookerblog.com/players/a-c/jamie-cope/
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
      X