Potting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    You should see the diamond coaches. Pure carbon man. Hard teachers though, ahem.

Markz, you're banned from MS paint mate, that's not good enough, 7/10. Where are the angel ash and bog maple references?
    Knocked it up on certificate generator lol. Thought you would see the funny side. Wouldn't let me do angel ash or bog maple can only print that on special paper haha.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Knocked it up on certificate generator lol. Thought you would see the funny side. Wouldn't let me do angel ash or bog maple can only print that on special paper haha.
      LOL!

Aged, hand-made walnut paper? Does certificate generator have a brother called cue generator?

Do something better and we'll start the Global Billiards Organisation, with Grand Master Byrom as head coach assisted by TD as his flunky.
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 26 August 2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

LOL!

Aged, hand-made walnut paper? Does certificate generator have a brother called cue generator?
        Tried to download cue generator but it said waiting time 3 years lol

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Tried to download cue generator but it said waiting time 3 years lol
          Damn, it must be real then, not that imported generator from the far east. Gotta be worth the wait bud. Put a deposit down, I'll go halfers with you our kid. Yam orite.

Comment

Getting back to the original topic of this thread..........potting.

As mentioned in one of my posts (in this thread) I am playing with a much shorter cue so to speak, i.e. with my hand further up the butt and, with a much shorter bridge to ball. The improvement is quite noticeable. Today I did a little exercise, I put the blue on its spot and played 1/4 - 1/2 and 3/4 ball pots into the middle pocket but, after my initial feathering and at the point of the front pause, I closed my eyes and then continued with the pot and, to my delight I didn't miss in half a dozen attempts. I expect many of you will say that that is easy, well it might be to you, but for me I was quite impressed.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
              Getting back to the original topic of this thread..........potting.

As mentioned in one of my posts (in this thread) I am playing with a much shorter cue so to speak, i.e. with my hand further up the butt and, with a much shorter bridge to ball. The improvement is quite noticeable. Today I did a little exercise, I put the blue on its spot and played 1/4 - 1/2 and 3/4 ball pots into the middle pocket but, after my initial feathering and at the point of the front pause, I closed my eyes and then continued with the pot and, to my delight I didn't miss in half a dozen attempts. I expect many of you will say that that is easy, well it might be to you, but for me I was quite impressed.
              Get in man!

I do that trick with long pots and me maxi mates can't! haha! Great to hear you're making progress mate, glad a shorter BtB has helped you.

Now pot the long blue from the yellow spot with your eyes closed. If you make 50%, you're damn hot. I'm lucky if I can make 1/3. Another trick is to look at the pocket instead. If you've lined em up correctly, got down correctly and cue perfectly, you don't need eyes.

Comment

Another trick is to look at the pocket instead. If you've lined em up correctly, got down correctly and cue perfectly, you don't need eyes.
                That one killed me! Could pot them straight off the spot normally but aiming at the point on the pocket straight through the cue ball really messed with me!

Obviously I must still be using instinct....who knows
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  That one killed me! Could pot them straight off the spot normally but aiming at the point on the pocket straight through the cue ball really messed with me!

Obviously I must still be using instinct....who knows
                  Know what you mean, it may be easier to do it with eyes closed and feel, and trust your sighting when you were up, than look at the wrong thing on purpose. You can do this trick by looking at the CB instead of the OB as well, INMB would love that! I found shooting blind the hardest out of the three because I don't trust myself enough. Still, making 1/3 was better than making zero. Tbf, I haven't done it all for years now. It's a good laugh, especially if it wins you a pint or two.

Comment

Know what you mean, it may be easier to do it with eyes closed and feel, and trust your sighting when you were up, than look at the wrong thing on purpose. You can do this trick by looking at the CB instead of the OB as well, INMB would love that! I found shooting blind the hardest out of the three because I don't trust myself enough. Still, making 1/3 was better than making zero. Tbf, I haven't done it all for years now. It's a good laugh, especially if it wins you a pint or two.
                    If I remember I'll give it a go. It's difficult trying to unlearn stuff, not too many things at a time I guess!
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      If I remember I'll give it a go. It's difficult trying to unlearn stuff, not too many things at a time I guess!

Yes, some will master new things faster and better; they simply have a brain and body better attuned to snooker, such as INMB. But practice doesn't hurt.

Comment

And yet, every pro player since the dawn of time plays with their eyes wide open.

Funny that, innit?

Be careful with your eyes - the hand follows em.

Comment

If you're really good and have lined the shot up correctly, you can shoot it blind. The mind can train itself to do this. That's survival. I guess you've never found your keys in the dark, because there's no light for you! :biggrin-new:

It's better to use the eyes but not using them, you have to rely on straight cueing alone, no sighting. This enhances the 'feel' in the shot. Try it. And no, don't spend lots of time doing this, it's just for fun but does have a serious point.
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 1 September 2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I am genuinely just as good with my eyes shut as open, close at front pause, and just feel the cue come back straight and through straight to chest, it's a bit like cueing at the TUCA because with your eyes shut there is no cue ball, you are just cueing, there is no slight snatch, caused by my grip closing becuse I'm not hitting anything I'm just cueing , I have asked before are your eyes a help or a hinderance. For me I find them a hindrance because I struggle to keep them still on the object ball.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              I am genuinely just as good with my eyes shut as open, close at front pause, and just feel the cue come back straight and through straight to chest, it's a bit like cueing at the TUCA because with your eyes shut there is no cue ball, you are just cueing, there is no slight snatch, caused by my grip closing becuse I'm not hitting anything I'm just cueing , I have asked before are your eyes a help or a hinderance. For me I find them a hindrance because I struggle to keep them still on the object ball.
                              Me too mate . Doesn't matter where I look . Pot success is about the same .
                              Once I've completed the feathers and front pause , if the cue come back and forward straight then it goes in. I have a habbit of pulling the cue into my chest on delivery and putting right hand side on the ball . Some days I don't do it and other days I do lol

Comment

Working...
                              X