Newbie from Cambridgeshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Cambridgeshire

Hi everyone, my names Patrick I live in Ely which is about 16 miles from Cambridge. I play once a week for a 3-3.5 hour session in local social club which has the only snooker table in Ely. I used to play pool regularly for local pubs teams since my late teens and had a few years playing county aswell when I had no comitments but for last 2 to 3 years I just play snooker as I get more of a buzz out of it. Best break 46 missed a pink to get my first 50 up, that was a lot of years ago now and still grates on me!! 20s and
    occasional 30s now and again at best but the thrill is still there for me.
    Plenty to read on here and some good advice so kind regards to you all.

Welcome mate. Let's get you up to that 50.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      Welcome mate. Let's get you up to that 50.
      You know Splash? Sometimes you do receive adverse comments. But, nobody can deny - you do a fair job of pushing the merits of our great sport.
      Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Welcome to TSF
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

PG; should you require any help, let the members know. There are some very good players on TSF, maxi makers, county players, even pros. Some members have posted videos on youtube and linked them to TSF. Badged coaches have then had a look and pointed out some improvements. Some TSF players have progressed their games this way without spending any beans.

Excuse me for being nosy, but what table are you playing on in your club, which cue are you using, any idea as to the cloth and balls you are using?

Best of luck, Splasher.
          Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 August 2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Cheers for the input fella, yes I've had a browse about and some good threads on different topics and a lot of peoples know there stuff on here that's for sure! Regards to the question the table I play on I think was made or supplied by a company named Drinkswater there is a badge/ plaque under the bulk cushion, the cloth I guess would be a standard one supplied which is probably getting a bit past its best, noticeable divets in areas. There's no air conditioning in the room so you have to make the most of the conditions this time off year, it does get brushed and ironed before we play. The cue i use is a Burwat champion.

Comment

Sorry fella I forgot to say the balls i use are the 1g ones.

Comment

Originally Posted by PG46 View Post
                Sorry fella I forgot to say the balls i use are the 1g ones.
                Sounds good my friend. Nice cue, best balls. Don't ever be tempted to swap em for any Super Crystallates. Ignore that thread. lol

Comment

Working...
                X