No announcement yet.

carbon fibre ferrules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting in the John Parris interview that he had been through the other materials but kept coming back to brass as the chosen ferrule material...
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
      It depend on the variant of the nylon used and the glue. Some trial and error and I found the most favourable combination. I personally prefer the linen although both can sound a bit funny if your used to brass.
      Is it linen and epoxy or something else to hold it together? I'm guessing both throw less than brass?

@shockerz, he keeps making 3/4 cues with that damn hammer joint as well. John is John. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Is it linen and epoxy or something else to hold it together? I'm guessing both throw less than brass?

@shockerz, he keeps making 3/4 cues with that damn hammer joint as well. John is John. lol
        Do you mean a non threaded brass to wood fix?

I seem to remember one of those on a broken joint the other day where the wood had come apart.....possibly on here.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Interesting in the John Parris interview that he had been through the other materials but kept coming back to brass as the chosen ferrule material...
          Does he offer fibre ferrules on his American cues?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Does he offer fibre ferrules on his American cues?
            Dunno, what does 'fibre' actually mean? I think it was glass fibre that was fibre back in the day on snooker cues. I think it's mostly plastics on pool cues. Look at these beauties; definitely some sort of plastic up top:

Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 August 2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

The linen ferrule I use are made in America. They are from really black linen and it is compressed in layers using similar adhesive that is used in fibre glass bonding.
              The nylon I use is 6.6 which is the hardest of the nylons. It machines very well but can be a bit trickier than linen ferrules to glue tips on. That being said,I've not had many problems myself.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
              X