Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What decides the price of the cue stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my intention was to buy a Peradon but I've now reconsidered. I tell you what though, I won't be parting with more than £200 max (inc case) and there's no way I'm forking out a small fortune on a bit of worked wood. I've not been a member for too long but from what I'm seeing, this 'cue thread' seems a lot like a sales pitch, it really does. Sharks and fish.

Comment

• I tell you a better way to spend your cash, buy a cue for £100/200 and throw the other £600 on a years worth of coaching. Serious, at least then you'll be seeing a positive difference in your game, I mean this is why we're playing the game; to get better right?

Comment

• I definitely agree that spending money on coaching is the way forward

Comment

• Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
          I definitely agree that spending money on coaching is the way forward
          Playing with a friend yesterday who ditched his custom cue craft faster than it arrived and has now settled on a GBL (gorgeous splices) similar to my old Phoenix (a cue he derided!). Similar taper, smooth belly, one-piece (he always used 3/4s before this cue) and he's really happy. Nice firm hit, plenty of power and dynamism. About £250. North of this is ok, but it may not get you what you want or what suits you. Plenty of folk have ditched customs by all the top makers. Without the fancy splices I think he may have got the cue for £200. Above this amount, no British cue maker can make you a better cue, it's just not possible. GBL cues are better finished than Parris and on a par with MW, TW, etc. And they hit better IME. But that's just my taste, not a fact.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            Playing with a friend yesterday who ditched his custom cue craft faster than it arrived and has now settled on a GBL (gorgeous splices) similar to my old Phoenix (a cue he derided!). Similar taper, smooth belly, one-piece (he always used 3/4s before this cue) and he's really happy. Nice firm hit, plenty of power and dynamism. About £250. North of this is ok, but it may not get you what you want or what suits you. Plenty of folk have ditched customs by all the top makers. Without the fancy splices I think he may have got the cue for £200. Above this amount, no British cue maker can make you a better cue, it's just not possible. GBL cues are better finished than Parris and on a par with MW, TW, etc. And they hit better IME. But that's just my taste, not a fact.
            I've not heard one bad comment about cues people have got from Stu at Greenbaize, and all around the £250 or under mark.
            I did see on his website he had cues from Thai makers ranging from £150-£650. I would think a cue from him upwards of £450 would be something special.

Comment

• Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
              I've not heard one bad comment about cues people have got from Stu at Greenbaize, and all around the £250 or under mark.
              I did see on his website he had cues from Thai makers ranging from £150-£650. I would think a cue from him upwards of £450 would be something special.
              To be fair, for £400 you can direct to TP and get summat very very special, as members have done and he delivers on promises, repliese to emails (few UK cue makers will do that) and sends you a cue that you wished for. At the end of the day, 99% of cues are just oven wood, it's how well they're made and at what price, not where I guess.

Comment

• I've went from looking at cues for under £100 to cues just over that. Now I'm looking at a cue around the £250 mark but I refuse to go any higher now. To be honest I need to nip this in the bud as a decent case for a one piece is around £50 as well and I simply won't go over the £300 (all-in) it just can't happen. Wish I'd never joined this bloody site now; ignorance is definately bliss sometimes.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MickyBlue View Post
                  I've went from looking at cues for under £100 to cues just over that. Now I'm looking at a cue around the £250 mark but I refuse to go any higher now. To be honest I need to nip this in the bud as a decent case for a one piece is around £50 as well and I simply won't go over the £300 (all-in) it just can't happen. Wish I'd never joined this bloody site now; ignorance is definately bliss sometimes.
                  That is how it starts LOL
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I've went from looking at cues for under £100 to cues just over that. Now I'm looking at a cue around the £250 mark but I refuse to go any higher now. To be honest I need to nip this in the bud as a decent case for a one piece is around £50 as well and I simply won't go over the £300 (all-in) it just can't happen. Wish I'd never joined this bloody site now; ignorance is definately bliss sometimes.
                    Speak to ADR147 about the cues he posted on here yesterday, just can't remember the thread. He had some really nice cues around the £150 mark.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                      That is how it starts LOL
                      Ha, I was thinking the same
                      Reading some of the stuff in here gets you thinking .... what if, will it help my game etc etc blah blah.

Comment

Getting not far off a nice Andy Travis now Micky
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• What sort of price mate? If you don't mind me asking that is..

Comment

• Around 250-300 starting price I think, just drop him a PM.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                            X