The Most Abused Ferrule Thread ... !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Abused Ferrule Thread ... !

Was going thru my phone today clearing out old photos, trying to grab some space back on the memory card and came across this photo of a recent repair / ferrule replacement, I have to admit to laughing out loud when the owner brought it to me to sort ... and it's his main playing cue with a 7.3mm ferrule brave man!

Apparantly screw-back wasn't a problem
    Anyways thought you guys might like to see the very abused ferrule :biggrin-new:

Hopefully there'll be less chipped cue-balls around now that it looks like this ...

Wow. ....... !!!

Comment

I don't know what to say about that Jim, I'm not often lost for words.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The bloke does not deserve to have a cue never seen a ferrule that bad.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          I don't know what to say about that Jim, I'm not often lost for words.
          I know mate, I was the same, a mixture of amazed disbelief and laughter all in one.

Funny thing was, the wood had curled around the top of the ferrule edge and the tip was still intact ... voodoo I reckon ... voodoo!

Comment

That is total shrapnel, did he offer any explanation?
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by JimB View Post
              I know mate, I was the same, a mixture of amazed disbelief and laughter all in one.

Funny thing was, the wood had curled around the top of the ferrule edge and the tip was still intact ... voodoo I reckon ... voodoo!
              If he misses now I bet he blames the new ferrule/tip lol

Comment

Apparantly screw-back wasn't a problem
                but torn cloths were :biggrin:
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                  That is total shrapnel, did he offer any explanation?
                  Nope, just that he's been playing with it for ages with no problem but reckoned it needed fixed before it snapped ... ? ... really?
                  When pushed he admitted to playing snooker with it ... bingo, we have a winner ... 7.3mm tip for snooker lol

Comment

Nope, just that he's been playing with it for ages with no problem but reckoned it needed fixed before it snapped ... ? ... really?
                    When pushed he admitted to playing snooker with it ... bingo, we have a winner ... 7.3mm tip for snooker lol
                    I had a knock with the JP I just bought the other night, 8.3mm tip, and was scared of playing with any power, but there are quite a few players in our club who play with pool cues for both, they'll happily pay £1 for a five minute game but won't spend for a decent cue, beggers belief!
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

The Most Abused Ferrule Thread ... !

Jim, is the second pic after or before you replaced the ferrule?
                      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                        Jim, is the second pic after or before you replaced the ferrule?
                        Sssshhh! Don't tell anyone but that's my new custom shaped ferrule for extra swervy shots, I'll put one on your cue if you like

Comment

Cheers mate!
                          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Wow.......never seen such a bad ferrule!! and I've seen quite many! Incredible!
                            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

thats really bad, i had someone in our club come up to me the other week with three cues to give a clean and re do the tips two were fine the third was a plastic ferrule with lumps and notches taken out, the look i got when i said he needs to get a whole new ferrule put on was classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X