Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you structure your practice sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just potting balls really, always intend to do things like the lineup but never seem to get around to it.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
      Valentines day is another 10 days off mate x
      you know , I was just wondering who's gonna be the first one to think about that ?
      not saying i'm surprised of crs.

Comment

I don't play the line up that much and prefer to set it out like a frame but move a few reds to leave a long pot on. I'll then go for it until I pot the red and try to get a break going. I'll try to count myself but sometimes I wont bother if I find it's distracting me. I wont drill down on something too much which could build up the frustration until I give up and snap my cue. For example if I find my long game isn't good and I can't pot a single log pot instead of letting it get me angry I'll just reduce the amount of long pots I take on and concentrate more on something else. I would always put a time on how long I was going to practice for such as an uninterrupted 4 hours and make sure I did it. It then gave me a window to do anything I liked and I never got bored. I also tried to practice scenarios that were uncommon such as clearing the colours and playing for snookers with just blue, pink and black on the table. I always tried to finish the session by clearing the colours even if it took several attempts but again I wouldn't be obsessed with the challenge and stay there until midnight until I did it. If I realised it wasn't happening I wouldn't care about cheerfully putting my cue away and still knowing I got a lot out of the session. It's all about finishing on a high so it doesn't feel like such hard work.

Watching someone doing solo practice and getting angry because they arn't playing welll baffles me because they are in charge so can make it much more enjoyable by being a bit more flexible and a bit less intense about what they are trying to get out of it. Practice smart not hard.
        Last edited by MrRottweiler; 4 February 2016, 09:23 PM.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          you know , I was just wondering who's gonna be the first one to think about that ?
          not saying i'm surprised of crs.
          wonder why o u and e keys dont work when you type 'course'?

your post was kinda sickly though, wasnt it?

#ramonForMdrtr
          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
            wonder why o u and e keys dont work when you type 'course'?

your post was kinda sickly though, wasnt it?

#ramonForMdrtr
            haha, no problem kid .
            it's fine .
            you said well .

Comment

When I play solo it usually lasts me about 4 minutes........... then roll over and go to sleep :biggrin-new:

Comment

I must be one of the only people who can play four+ hours straight! On my own..... :snooker:

Comment

If I'm on my own, I still try to play with the same focus as I would in a match (no more than two hours though), including breaking off in the conventional way to practice my long-potting and getting in amongst the balls.

If I want to change a frame up, once in a while I'll play an entire frame using just the rest to practice my rest-play. Which may explain why I love using it so much
                  Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                    I must be one of the only people who can play four+ hours straight! On my own..... :snooker:
                    Nah, you're not alone! I can do it as well My record must be something like 26 hours of training in three days...........
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                      Nah, you're not alone! I can do it as well My record must be something like 26 hours of training in three days...........
                      Wow, you are like Hendry back in the days, locking himself up with solo practise

Comment

Yep, was back in the days when being at the university allowed you hell lot of free time !! lol
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Yep, was back in the days when being at the university allowed you hell lot of free time !! lol
                          Tut-tut, that should have been studying time...then again you were studying ball physics etc

Comment

You know, when you study history, the more you're advanced in your years at uni, the less courses you have so.......have to find a way to kill time :P

Comment

You know, when you study history, the more you're advanced in your years at uni, the less courses you have so.......have to find a way to kill time :P
                              I shall have a word with your lecturers

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                                4 hours is a part time solo session!
                                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                                X