Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aspect does Neil Robertson still need to improve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid Peter Ebdon No. 2 ,, is reborn in snooker world !!

Comment

Originally Posted by RoddickAndy View Post
      Just watched the new highlights video Tequila posted on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQGRUD9W1g) about Neil's best shots in Worlds 2015, and it made think about his game again: I've been watching Neil's game since 2007 and have to say he really has improved a lot in every single aspect, and elevated his game to another level.

He's a better all-round player now, with decent safety shots, top break-building skills (103 tons in a season is such a great achievement) and better shot selection. He still remains one of the best single ball potters in the game, and he's tactical play has also improved.

He's been very consistent in the past several seasons, but honestly I just don't think he's ever reached the level of Hendry/ROS/Higgins/Williams. I know he's a very complete and top player but what do you think he could still improve to be even better?
      He seems to look at certain straightforward shots a few times before he gets down and takes the shot. If I was his coach (I wish) then, I'd tell him to stop doing that!
      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

vs Mark Davis
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgEv9E64ap0#t=1h15m30s

Comment

Peculiar, isn't it? He could have left himself a fairly easy final black, or at least an easier one than Mark Davis ended up potting, but instead he just left himself a safety, with the white as far away from the black as he could get it. :smile:

Comment

Could improve the Control of his Bladder !

Spends more time in the Gents than George Michael
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Another similar black-ball decider against Dechawat Poomjaeng in China Open 2015.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4AC-zg0n6Y#t=25m50s
              Being left-handed, his jinx is probably the top-left (billiards players' view) cushion black.

Comment

TBH I think Neil has potential to be the best player in the world. He really is the complete package. Great temperament, lovely cue action, impeccable long potting, cue power, break building, you name it. Why he doesn't win more tournaments is beyond me. Well I guess that could be said for several players.

Comment

His hair and his tan he is the palest Aussie I've ever seen

Comment

Originally Posted by Big AD View Post
                    His hair and his tan he is the palest Aussie I've ever seen

Been living in the UK mostly since he was 17yo that's why!

Seriously though when this thread was started Neil was struggling but since then has been really good this season with some good ranking wins to his name. Seems more relaxed now to and his 1st rd loss in the latest Australian Goldfields open to Matty Selt stung him heaps when being in winnable position but a touching ball ( Which was a 1 in 100 type of occurrence ) smacked the life out of him for months after that and i know a bloke who is close to him and in regular contact.
                    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
                      his 1st rd loss in the latest Australian Goldfields open to Matty Selt stung him heaps when being in winnable position but a touching ball ( Which was a 1 in 100 type of occurrence ) smacked the life out of him for months after that and i know a bloke who is close to him and in regular contact.
                      Yeah, he was unlucky to leave that blue ball touching ball, but he did have a lot of table to work with. Great to see Neil playing well again.
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                        Yeah, he was unlucky to leave that blue ball touching ball, but he did have a lot of table to work with. Great to see Neil playing well again.
                        Yep watching it i could not believe it and i was l like WTF.

Great to see him playing good Snooker again though like you mentioned as he really had a down 6 Mths.
                        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by RoddickAndy View Post
                          haha totally agreed here. A player like Neil who plays powerful shots a lot needs energy
                          You don't need meat for energy. It's a common myth.
                          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Tactics and mindset.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                              His extreme diet is what I believe will hurt his performance in big and long tournaments like UK and the Worlds, if it didn't already.
                              What he needs is roasted lamb under the bell, not that extreme vegan stuff.
                              You clearly know nothing about the subject. There is nothing extreme about eating plants, you'll probably be more healthy and energetic on a Vegan diet.
                              In fact, even with a rather poor diet you can still be a top snooker player.

Comment

Originally Posted by AJveits View Post
                                You clearly know nothing about the subject. There is nothing extreme about eating plants, you'll probably be more healthy and energetic on a Vegan diet.
                                In fact, even with a rather poor diet you can still be a top snooker player.
                                didn't do Bill Weirbeniuk any harm :wink:
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X