cueing arm not 90 degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cueing arm not 90 degrees

i know generally it tends to be players holding the cue too far outwards from the 90 degrees but i have recently found out that i am holding the cue too far inwards from the 90 degree angle so i am limiting my follow through as i am nearly touching the chest before striking the cueball has anyone else had this problem and corrected it, or any tips on how to do so? as consciously putting my hand back cant garentee it will be the same place each time
    IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Wrong stance could be one of the reasons why your grip hand nearly touching the chest .imo
    You may wanna watch this video and look at what Del Hill does and says .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gSK4w_9S_x0

Btw, I'm Not a coach . It's just my opinion .
    Last edited by Ramon; 7 February 2016, 04:21 AM.

Comment

you could pop a little bit of black tape on the butt where the grip hand should be and use that as a reference?

I had the grip hand creeping backwards problem. The tape, for me, had got back to vertical at the address position again.
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Have had a look at this video and to me, the coaches son has his left foot clearly on the line of aim, whereas Neil Robertsons left foot is most definitely pointing towards 10 o/c. Went to the table just, and my left foot is on the line of aim but my friend's is also splayed out slightly similar to Robertson, probably about 11 o/c. Does it really matter as long as the stance if firm and you're not rocking about!

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
          Have had a look at this video and to me, the coaches son has his left foot clearly on the line of aim, whereas Neil Robertsons left foot is most definitely pointing towards 10 o/c. Went to the table just, and my left foot is on the line of aim but my friend's is also splayed out slightly similar to Robertson, probably about 11 o/c. Does it really matter as long as the stance if firm and you're not rocking about!
          Actually it's better pointed outwards a little bit as that relieves the strain on your knee and ankle joints but doesn't detract from the stability.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
          X