X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    Good video les.

I actually shouted in my head 'Where's the cueball going!'

LOL......I was going to buy a shirt from World Snooker but over here people wouldn't get it.

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    I do'nt wanna interfere with this as I know Ted is your coach .
    But it's the first time I see that you are not afraid to strike the ball. keep it that way.
    Strike the ball with confidence. Even if you miss ( No problem ). Try again.
    If you want to worry about missing the pot , do it after you take the shot . NOT BEFORE !!
    play the game / strike the ball with a clear mind.
    I'm Not a coach . Just my opinion .
    Great stuff . Looking forward to see more and learn something from you.
    Thanks, yea TD has been after me forever to power through. All of a sudden it just clicked. Really enjoying myself. I will post more videos.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
      LOL......I was going to buy a shirt from World Snooker but over here people wouldn't get it.

Thanks, yea TD has been after me forever to power through. All of a sudden it just clicked. Really enjoying myself. I will post more videos.
      Yes, I may not always be right, but I'm NEVER effing wrong! (Old Navy saying) but it applies to Les too as I've been telling him this for a couple of years now and so have Floyd and Cliff most likely.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Yes, I may not always be right, but I'm NEVER effing wrong! (Old Navy saying) but it applies to Les too as I've been telling him this for a couple of years now and so have Floyd and Cliff most likely.
        When Cliff came to watch me at our tournament before Christmas Cliff asked me after if there was something wrong with cue ball. I asked him what he ment. He said it looked like I was afraid of breaking it I was hitting it so delicate. He told me the same as TD, you have to hit through it. This has been an eye opening experience and now the Challenges are fun. This is for Ted. It would be nice to come up with a challenge with the Blue ball where we are working on the middle pockets. Maybe even the Pink combined.
        Last edited by lesedwards; 7 February 2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

When Cliff came to watch me at our tournament before Christmas Cliff asked me after if there was something wrong with cue ball. I asked him what he ment. He said it looked like I was afraid of breaking it I was hitting it so delicate. He told me the same as TD, you have to hit through it. This has been an eye opening experience and now the Challenges are fun. This is for Ted. It would be nice to come up with a challenge with the Blue ball where we are working on the middle pockets. Maybe even the Pink combined.
          Opening pockets has got to have helped as well, so easy to become tentative with your stroke when a table with tighter pockets starts to take your confidence away. I bet pre shot now you just think pot the ball where as before it would have been questioning the pot. Keep up the good work Les.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            Opening pockets has got to have helped as well, so easy to become tentative with your stroke when a table with tighter pockets starts to take your confidence away. I bet pre shot now you just think pot the ball where as before it would have been questioning the pot. Keep up the good work Les.
            Yes you are 100% correct. Now my thought is all on position. I can now see the cue ball moving to the next position and whether I want to be low or high.

Comment

Yes you are 100% correct. Now my thought is all on position. I can now see the cue ball moving to the next position and whether I want to be low or high.
              Don't fall in to that trap Les. So easy to start missing again if you take the pot for granted to concentrate on position. Start mixing up all your routines. 20-30 mins each one you will soon see the improvements in all aspects of your game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Don't fall in to that trap Les. So easy to start missing again if you take the pot for granted to concentrate on position. Start mixing up all your routines. 20-30 mins each one you will soon see the improvements in all aspects of your game.
                I guess I maybe worded that wrong. I still have skit if concentration on making the pit but now at least I have a vision of where I am going. Before all I was trying to do was get the OB in the pocket hence my high runs of one red or I might get lucky and make a colour with it.

Comment

• Keep at it Les, you look a lot better. You stroke it well, big difference to your old self. Get some games going so you can try to put your good form to use.

Comment

• Hi guys sorry I never got a chance to post anything in the past week. I have been getting some practice in but I have been running back n fourth to a Pro/AM the past week plus looking after updating the results on our website. Check out the link and see if any names pop out at you.
                    http://ontariosnooker.club/snooker/i...cambridge-draw

Comment

Thanks everyone and yes Geordie my confidence has hit a new level.
                      Boy was that a joke when I look back at my post. Its been a while since I have posted anything on here for one reason no one wants to hear me complain about this frustrating game. But here I go. I keep going over n over Teds routines but nothing seems to change. I organized a big round robin tournament last weekend where we ended up with 64 players. Eight groups of eight. I won five games of my fourteen games against the best players in my group who can all run big breaks. My high break of the complete weekend was 19. They all told me for a guy that cannot run any balls you sure are hard to beat. I leave them in positions they have no idea what to do. As Cliff says force them to make mistakes....LOL Got that down pat but then comes the art of break building. I am starting to think the only way this will get better is by playing piles of games against other players but living where I live that isn't going to happen. My last game before last weekend was two months ago. I was playing better two years ago when my oldest son lived with us and we had a 2/3 every night. Anyone have any suggestions? I asked TD this and he really did not have an answer other then the lineup. I find the line up a little bit on the fake side as I can run five reds and five colours but spread five reds around the table and I would be lucky to make two with colours.

Comment

Thanks everyone and yes Geordie my confidence has hit a new level.
                        Boy was that a joke when I look back at my post. Its been a while since I have posted anything on here for one reason no one wants to hear me complain about this frustrating game. But here I go. I keep going over n over Teds routines but nothing seems to change. I organized a big round robin tournament last weekend where we ended up with 64 players. Eight groups of eight. I won five games of my fourteen games against the best players in my group who can all run big breaks. My high break of the complete weekend was 19. They all told me for a guy that cannot run any balls you sure are hard to beat. I leave them in positions they have no idea what to do. As Cliff says force them to make mistakes....LOL Got that down pat but then comes the art of break building. I am starting to think the only way this will get better is by playing piles of games against other players but living where I live that isn't going to happen. My last game before last weekend was two months ago. I was playing better two years ago when my oldest son lived with us and we had a 2/3 every night. Anyone have any suggestions? I asked TD this and he really did not have an answer other then the lineup. I find the line up a little bit on the fake side as I can run five reds and five colours but spread five reds around the table and I would be lucky to make two with colours.

Comment

• oioioioioi
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• WTF? I can't see any posts past #1970, dated 1 Feb
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Test. I posted last night but it shows up in my profile but not on here. Now there is replies and I cannot see anything new.

Comment

• Bump for anyone looking for a few routines to help your practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X