Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
    I started the topic you numpty..

You jump in with your half baked replies, replying to comments you don't actually understand the gist of.

If I direct any comments to you, feel free to reply. When I'm not mentioning you please stop butting in, or at least butt in with something that's actually understandable and not just blindly sycophantic to someone you clearly have the horn for

Thanks xx
    Lol. He'll be threatening you with someone else's cue action next...

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
      I'm telling you. At the point of strike, my eyes are looking at the OB. 100%

I'm also telling you, I didn't need to learn to do that and no one does. It's an automatic response from learning to pot balls. The only reason you wouldn't look there is because somebody told you not to or you consciously decided not to.

I'm not saying your eyes don't matter. I'm saying, once you get down for the shot, all you need to worry about is keeping still and pushing the cue through straight.

If I got down for the shot and did what you wanted me to do, I might very well miss. But it's because I'm focussing on something unnecessary. All I should be thinking about, is keeping still and pushing the cue through straight. If I have aimed correctly (bear in mind you should aim before the cue even moves) and I do not move, I will pot the ball.

If I worry about what my eyes are doing, that thought could distract me and cause me to flinch slightly.

Your eyes do not manoeuvre the cue. When you set up a machine to perform a task, you calibrate it and then it follows a rhythmic procedure. It will only require recalibration if it falls out of alignment.

That's where your eyes come in.

Sight the shot, approach the shot, check it's correct. That's your eyes done. Then your technique takes over.
      Your head position, and therefore the position of your eyes in relation to the shot, are hugely important. Your assertion the eyes do not matter once they are locked onto the target is incorrect: your hand follows your eye - try moving your eyes just before you strike the ball and see what happens.

Keeping your eyes locked on the target is of primary importance. I have recently started to look away from the object ball at some stage of delivery, which accounts for about 90% off my misses, and i don't know why, nor can i stop it. It's like I've gone gay for the shot and can't face it any more lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        I started the topic you numpty..

You jump in with your half baked replies, replying to comments you don't actually understand the gist of.

If I direct any comments to you, feel free to reply. When I'm not mentioning you please stop butting in, or at least butt in with something that's actually understandable and not just blindly sycophantic to someone you clearly have the horn for

Thanks xx
        no need to be upset.
        It was not my intention to mess up with your blood pressure.
        This thread is not about Vmax. I simply asked you to stay on topic so we can learn sumthing from this thread.
        It's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Fundamentals in plain English...

I'm not saying your eyes aren't important.

I'm not saying you should move them about.

I am saying, you don't need to control what they're doing.

I am saying if you're thinking about what your eyes are doing while you are playing snooker, it's a thought you could do without.

Comment

Loved the video. Horrible marketing though. Telling people like it is? No shortcuts and no particular secrets to playing a good game of snooker? Say it ain't so.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
              100 to watch and 500 to play? Jesus, he might be the best around but that's a bit steep. Think Trump is going to Goldencue in March for exhibition and sure it's only 10 or 15 a ticket but selling out fast.
              Plus on top of that the arrogance and rudeness. I can imagine Ronnie being like that too.

Comment

Trump is at our club in May, fifteen a ticket, I can't wait, got Steve Davis this month, same price, I'm in dream land lol
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Trump is at our club in May, fifteen a ticket, I can't wait, got Steve Davis this month, same price, I'm in dream land lol
                  Expect Trump to play really well but not say a word, and Davis to talk non stop and have you in stitches

Comment

I'm hoping for the old 147 from Trump( don't expect much do I lol) and for Steve to be interesting , I am genuinely like a kid at Christmas I'm so excited.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Ronnie, you can call him arrogant a t*at or whatever you like but I know people who've had a different experience with Ronnie particularly down the charity route where he's helped them no end.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        I have nothing but the greatest respect for Ronnie, you can call him arrogant a t*at or whatever you like but I know people who've had a different experience with Ronnie particularly down the charity route where he's helped them no end.
                        We're all entitled to our opinions. I had my legs waxed for charity last year but i'm still a tit

I have a hell of a lot of respect for his ability/genius, just not so much as a person.
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Good point as well, I started a thread after last World Championships where Ronnie spent a lot of time with a disabled child after his match.
                          Gave him his shoes that were hurting him, let him take loads of photos too, chatted to him and his family etc.

Comment

Nobody done more for charity than Jimmy Saville...........
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                              Nobody done more for charity than Jimmy Saville...........
                              :biggrin-new:
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                                I'm telling you. At the point of strike, my eyes are looking at the OB. 100%

I'm also telling you, I didn't need to learn to do that and no one does. It's an automatic response from learning to pot balls. The only reason you wouldn't look there is because somebody told you not to or you consciously decided not to.

I'm not saying your eyes don't matter. I'm saying, once you get down for the shot, all you need to worry about is keeping still and pushing the cue through straight.

If I got down for the shot and did what you wanted me to do, I might very well miss. But it's because I'm focussing on something unnecessary. All I should be thinking about, is keeping still and pushing the cue through straight. If I have aimed correctly (bear in mind you should aim before the cue even moves) and I do not move, I will pot the ball.

If I worry about what my eyes are doing, that thought could distract me and cause me to flinch slightly.

Your eyes do not manoeuvre the cue. When you set up a machine to perform a task, you calibrate it and then it follows a rhythmic procedure. It will only require recalibration if it falls out of alignment.

That's where your eyes come in.

Sight the shot, approach the shot, check it's correct. That's your eyes done. Then your technique takes over.
                                I have just watched episode three of The Brain with David Engleman, showing as a series on BBC4, this was about the unconscious mind, very interesting for those of us who play cue sports.
                                The brain actually sets up neural pathways to accomplish tasks on an unconscious level, like walking, running, cycling, tying shoe laces etc, all done as children, the conscious mind has to cope with these until the neural pathways are in place, then the conscious mind has nothing whatsoever to do with them.

So if a natural object ball sighter takes up snooker, his neural pathways will include locking the eyes onto the object ball, conscious thought will distract from that, basically what you are saying pottr. Your eyes do not manoeuvre the cue, set up a machine to do a task and calibrate it yes, but humans are not machines, and even if the eyes do not manoeuvre the cue, they do control it as a part of the hand/eye mechanics required, you hit what you're looking at is all I'm saying.

What do you say to those who don't and are poor players as a result ?

I say be aware of looking at the object ball, make it part of your technique, get those neural pathways in place through learning and repetition.
                                Last edited by vmax4steve; 9 February 2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X