Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice on what tips to buy and what cases too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Hope you bought Penfold a cue too :P
    Lol, no he's been naughty this week so just a cue for me, to play some snooker in between saving the world!
    GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
      Lol, no he's been naughty this week so just a cue for me, to play some snooker in between saving the world!
      Haha, excellent - good luck with the new cue mate

Comment

Haha, excellent - good luck with the new cue mate
        Thanks mate, will do

Just out of curiosity, what cue are you using, was it you that has just ordered one?
        GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

Thanks mate, will do

Just out of curiosity, what cue are you using, was it you that has just ordered one?
          Maximus Immortal, no it wasn't me that ordered one recently.

Comment

Maximus Immortal, no it wasn't me that ordered one recently.
            Sweet, how do you rate it, specs?

Comment

Sweet, how do you rate it, specs?
              I love it, feels great in my hands, around 17.25, 9.5mm balanced around 17.5, also got a centre joint Powerglide cue that I also like.

Whats good for me wont be good for someone else though, thats the beauty of cues, we all feel differently about them.

It's a joy and a pain finding a good cue for yourself huh... sooo much choice.

Comment

Sounds sweet, the Maximus a 1pc?

Comment

Sounds sweet, the Maximus a 1pc?
                  3/4 mate.
                  Bet you cant wait to smash some balls about with your new gear eh

Comment

3/4 mate.
                    Bet you cant wait to smash some balls about with your new gear eh
                    Too right! Think for the first few shots I'll use the club cues just to release since adrenaline lol then I'll use my new cue when I've calmed down

Comment

Too right! Think for the first few shots I'll use the club cues just to release since adrenaline lol then I'll use my new cue when I've calmed down
                      Nahhh, I'd be the opposite, break the new boy in straight away hahah

Comment

Nahhh, I'd be the opposite, break the new boy in straight away hahah
                        Knowing me though, I'd literally 'break' in the new boy and have to buy a new cue

Comment

Knowing me though, I'd literally 'break' in the new boy and have to buy a new cue
                          Lol, okay, house cues it is then for the first few shots

Comment

The trouble is no one tip suits everybody - otherwise I would make it! - this is both good and bad for me I guess, but the trick is when you find a tip that suits you stick with it!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Then once you learn how to decently retip a cue yourself its so easy to fall into the trap of lets try this, lets try that lol

Comment

IMO
                                Kamui medium black
                                You can now buy 10mm for snooker much easier to trim and shape than the 14mm pool ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X