Cue Alterations Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Alterations Scotland

A friend of mine recently got a present of a Peradon Cannon from his mum, but it's a bit short for him being 6ft 4in and the cue is a standard 58". He was wondering if anyone could lengthen it for him and/or fit a joint so he could use it with a mini butt. He bounces about between Glasgow and Edinburgh, but I suggested here would be a good place to ask for reccomendations about who mught be able to do this kind of work?

you would be better off buying a different cue - to lengthen a cue is an expensive business.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

thanks mate, good to know. What about fitting a joint in the butt? his cue doesn't have one currently and I don't think he wants to get shot of it just now

Comment

Originally Posted by weepete View Post
        thanks mate, good to know. What about fitting a joint in the butt? his cue doesn't have one currently and I don't think he wants to get shot of it just now
        £40-£60 + shipping depending on where you go...
        Anymore than this and I'd think twice, no matter who the cue repairer is.
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Is it a 3/4 or 1 piece? Reason I ask is that it's costly to post off a 1 piece to have a SD joint fitted. If it's 3/4 you only need to send the butt. If your happy to post then someone like Andy Travis in Sheffield would do the work at a reasonable price. Likewise Adam Rogo ( member on here) would be able to do it for you.

Comment

it's a 1/2 so should be pretty easy to post if it comes to it

Comment

it's a 1/2 so should be pretty easy to post if it comes to it
              I've also used Mastercraft in Shropshire. Their website says £15 to fit an SD joint. But then you add the postage both ways and the cost of the mini butt and you end up at £60. Quite expensive for a bit of simple joinery.

Comment

PS Not sure if Raymond from Exquisite Cues or Richy from Mac Cues would do it. Both Glasgow. Maybe too busy and wouldn't be cheap as you'd have to buy one of their minis.

Comment

Is James Butters not up there too?

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                    Is James Butters not up there too?
                    Yep, Dumfries. Not easy to get to from central Jockland.

Comment

Thanks guys, I wouldn't imagine that Exquisite or Mac would be all that interested unless it was a high end cue. I'll see if he wants to send it to mastercraft of Mike Wooldridge as those F1 extensions looked cool

Comment

Thanks guys, I wouldn't imagine that Exquisite or Mac would be all that interested unless it was a high end cue. I'll see if he wants to send it to mastercraft of Mike Wooldridge as those F1 extensions looked cool
                        NB. Mastercraft wouldn't be my first choice nor would Woolridge. Andy Travis or Rogo cues would be my recommendation.

Comment

Ok thanks, will let him know

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                            NB. Mastercraft wouldn't be my first choice nor would Woolridge. Andy Travis or Rogo cues would be my recommendation.
                            Can't say about MW but I personally won't be using Mastercraft again.
                            Andy Travis does excellent work!
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X