No announcement yet.

2019 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep you could see Ding just want out of there.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Is Selby really the best player in the world, I don't think any knowledgeable snooker fan would believe that!
      I think he is the best in the period the rankings actually measure, as he has a World title, two China Opens (last season's in particular was a very luxurious event), an International Championship and a China Championship title in this period. That compares favourably to both O'Sullivan and Trump.

I think the period of two years is too long though, so no, I don't believe Selby is the best player in the world at this point in time. The rankings will catch up soon enough though, with the China Open and the WC coming off in three months' time, which will surely see him drop down two or three places unless he manages to defend those titles.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
        He could do a lot worse than match Jimmy White's achievements, it's not like Jimmy wasn't successful.
        true but jimmy should of won the world title when you think of the likes of dott ebdon etc winning it .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mitch12 View Post
          true but jimmy should of won the world title when you think of the likes of dott ebdon etc winning it .
          I missed Ebdon's prime so can't comment there, but Dott just had dogged persistence in a year when the seeds all fell unexpectedly. I suspect had Jimmy faced someone other than Hendry when he fluffed the black, he'd have won in the end.

I like Trump and I like that he still retains his maverick quality, but even having tipped him as the man in form this week, I couldn't believe his safety game against Selby of all people.

By contrast, for all the hype about Ron I thought he looked erratic all week - Bingham threw it away, Ding woke up too late and then against Trump, O'Sullivan had no rhythm this afternoon at all - he looked like Ricky Walden, chalking his cue 4 times and sticking his tongue out on shots he should have already played. He was more with it tonight, but too little too late.

Comment

Pretty sure its cos Ronnie is only chatty with people who he wants to bully. His behaviour towards Ding yesterday was not of a man who loved him but rather as someone he can intimidate and make him feel uncomfortable in front of the cameras the audience!
            This.

Ronnie is always so manipulative in front of the camera... that's why I can't help disliking him as a person whilst admiring his talent as a snooker player.
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
              My problem with Trump is how he talks about himself and others.
              He is ready to say how he dominated the game because he is so great even though the opponent couldnt pot one ball that time.
              He is praising himself too much and not giving credit to other people. He simply doesnt give realistic analysis of the game.
              You can see that its how he copes with insecurity and underachieving by trying to convince himself he is superior through talking.
              Telling how he cant learn from others anymore apart from Ronnie and maybe Selby, telling how everyone is afraid of him and gives their best game against himself every time. Saying he would be having 5 times more titles than Selby if he practiced as hard as he does.Endless pretentious interviews are like that.
              He is like a kid who was constantly being told to be the most talented player ever and once the results lacked he is throwing tantrums.
              Thanks for putting that straight. That's why I can't stand him either.

Comment

• I watch a lot of snooker, and have never heard him say any of those things. He's said plenty, but I must have missed all those examples

Comment

Pretty sure its cos Ronnie is only chatty with people who he wants to bully. His behaviour towards Ding yesterday was not of a man who loved him but rather as someone he can intimidate and make him feel uncomfortable in front of the cameras the audience!

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                  This.

Ronnie is always so manipulative in front of the camera... that's why I can't help disliking him as a person whilst admiring his talent as a snooker player.
                  Harsh.
                  Ding might have seemed uncomfortable but Ronnie's affection is genuine.

Comment

• during last night's MSI the BBC showed a feature of "The 147", I could not hear it so does anyone know where I can find it?
                    I have search BBC and iplayer and YouTube but no joy
                    Last edited by DeanH; 21 January 2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      during last night's MSI the BBC showed a feature of "The 147", I could not hear it so does anyone know where I can find it?
                      I featured in that.

I was at Ding's 147 in 2007, and when they showed the clip there was a picture of me applauding.

Comment

• yep I thought I saw you, turning to a lady on your left?

I saw myself and friends at the Welsh Open Ronnie where he wins the tournament with the max

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          during last night's MSI the BBC showed a feature of "The 147", I could not hear it so does anyone know where I can find it?
                          Here you go Dean.

https://youtu.be/-3T5seWXBBE

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            Here you go Dean.

https://youtu.be/-3T5seWXBBE

-
                            many thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jimmy Brown Sauce View Post
                              So you’re saying people don’t like him because they are jealous?

People don’t like him because he’s a *****, there’s players on the circuit who are more successful than he is, am I jealous of them? No
                              It's sod all to do with success, it's all about the lads talent which is immense. No one else pots balls like he does and his special clearances when the frame is won are fantastic to watch.
                              The people who don't like him are basically cushion crawlers and negative tip tappers who applaud Selby's alledged grit and determination which seems to have dissapeared now that deliberate slow play is being dealt with.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Trump played so well, dominated the GOAT

I also don't understand the Judd hate. I don't think he said anything bad in the interviews, gives enough credit to others but doesn't droll over them

Comment

Working...
                                X