6 x 6 practice table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
    Heard Maguire has his table in a unit also.
    Where were you looking at mate? I'm in barrhead and work in Paisley any suggestions close to me for units?

Cheers
    Just take a look around buisnes estate round your place or self storage compionis
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Could you please add to this thread again when you get a moment Geoff?
      Do you have any tables going for sale or collection at the moment?

And also how much room would I need as a minimum around a table to fit it not neccessarily to play from the baulk end I'm only looking to practice line up's and scoring around the black on this table and I know the room isn't big enough to fit the full table for playing but instead of going the 6x6 route i could make things simpler and just stick the full table in the room is 16 feet long so I would have enough room to walk around the black spot end but just wondering what access is needed for fitting at the baulk cushion?
      Just keep an eye on the for sale section http://gclbilliards.com/category/for-sale/ , these are all direct from private sellers as I do not sell tables myself , well only on the rare occasion

as for room at Baulk end to tighten end cushions up you need around 18 inch unless it is socket bolts then just 9 inch , but to stretch the bed cloth tight on a round 3 to 4ft at that bed to tack down .
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Alright lads resurrecting an old but popular thread just to let you know I've done this now.

Had my table up for about 2 months now and it's helped my games lot's winning all my league matches and making plus 50 breaks daily, it's been great just to get the time on my own table daily to work on certain things within the scoring zone that I might have been having trouble with.

If you are also short on room for a full size table but want to see the benefits to your game then I recommend this:

Picking up a cheap old snooker table (£150-250)
        Joiner costs to modify the frame to suit 3 slates (£150)
        Fitter costs to finish the job and make table playable (£150-£500 depending if you need new cloth on table or not)

Anyway this is a worthwhile and cost effective way to get plenty solo practice in and if anyone wants advice or information on what I done then let me know I can supply pictures and details of the tables build.

Comment

Alright lads resurrecting an old but popular thread just to let you know I've done this now.

Had my table up for about 2 months now and it's helped my games lot's winning all my league matches and making plus 50 breaks daily, it's been great just to get the time on my own table daily to work on certain things within the scoring zone that I might have been having trouble with.

If you are also short on room for a full size table but want to see the benefits to your game then I recommend this:

Picking up a cheap old snooker table (£150-250)
          Joiner costs to modify the frame to suit 3 slates (£150)
          Fitter costs to finish the job and make table playable (£150-£500 depending if you need new cloth on table or not)

Anyway this is a worthwhile and cost effective way to get plenty solo practice in and if anyone wants advice or information on what I done then let me know I can supply pictures and details of the tables build.
          I would love to see the pics, I'm thinking of doing this for a while now, but can't picture how much room it will take
          cheers
          matt

Comment

So would I!
            王可

Comment

Wow - coincidence - only 2 days ago I was contemplating getting a 6x3, but this could be a better idea!

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                I would love to see the pics, I'm thinking of doing this for a while now, but can't picture how much room it will take
                cheers
                matt
                I'll take some pictures and post them, the room it's in is about 15 x 13 I think.
                It's just about enough, there's 3 slates with a custom fitted dead end just above the blue spot you can stick that part of the table hard up against a wall to create more room.

All you really need is good access to the sides of the table and the ability to walk around the black spot.
                Since the main benefit of the table is improve your ability to gain plum position everything is isolated in a smaller section of the scoring zone and you should have your hands on the table not taking full length swings under the cushion anyway so if your tight at that bit of your room I don't think it matters so much.

Also worth pointing out I only plan on keeping this table up myself for another 3-6 months max.
                I'm pretty close to making centuries most days I play now and that's kinda all I wanted it for I'm not gonna be a pro but it's been very useful to fast track my game for relative ease and little cash investment.

Compared to 2-3 hours a day in the club for anywhere between £5.00 to 7.50 an hour you could be doing an easy 70 quid a week anyway on the light solo play so it makes sense if you have the room to spend a few hundred and get it in the house.

I'd probably let me table go for a couple hundred even with the modifications so would save someone some of the cash I outlayed getting it down to size. More than welcome to PM if your interested but be a few months before I sell is all.

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                  Wow - coincidence - only 2 days ago I was contemplating getting a 6x3, but this could be a better idea!
                  It's way better than a 6x3, you can't create the break building patterns and shot's you'll need without the full extent of the top half of the table. You can play routines/line up etc till your heart's content or in my case until you notice the benefits in your scoring game in the leagues.

I had set things I wasn't so strong on and it's allowed me to become very strong at what was once a weakness very quickly, specifically for me high half ball blacks I was always bit ropey on anything past 1/4 ball but once your playing the shot for 2 hours a day every day you get kinda good fast.

Comment

This is a brilliant idea.

I love it!

Not sure I can do this right now as I'm on the top floor of an apartment, but I plan to move in a couple of years and since I'm doubtful I'll get a place big enough for a full size, this will definitely be second best.

Comment

three slates from a full size is approx 90 inch of slate not 72 inch , the thread was about a 6ft table size with 4 legs .

you make these from two end slates only .

it gives you approx slate size of 73.5 inch x 58 inch , a room of 16ft by 15 ft is required for a two slate 6ft .

for the three slate version you would require 6 legs and and a room size of 16ft by 18ft 6 inch for cue room all around .

the original thurston MIP practice tables where made from two end slates , but had a 2 centre pockets very close to one corner pocket on one side .

see here for details , scroll down to find the Thurston MIP table
                      http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/nor...lliard-tables/
                      Last edited by Geoff Large; 1 May 2018, 07:36 PM.
                      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                        three slates from a full size is approx 90 inch of slate not 72 inch , the thread was about a 6ft table size with 4 legs .

you make these from two end slates only .

it gives you approx slate size of 73.5 inch x 58 inch , a room of 16ft by 15 ft is required for a two slate 6ft .

for the three slate version you would require 6 legs and and a room size of 16ft by 18ft 6 inch for cue room all around .

the original thurston MIP practice tables where made from two end slates , but had a 2 centre pockets very close to one corner pocket on one side .

see here for details , scroll down to find the Thurston MIP table
                        http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/nor...lliard-tables/
                        Yes mine's has 6 legs, should clarify you need that to support the 3 slates.
                        The benefit is you have real middle pockets and you just have enough room to practice scoring from the blue as the middle slate goes roughly up to 3/4 ball top side of blue.

Comment

And you have 2 spare slates to make into coffee tables.
                          王可

Comment

Some pictures for those interested in my 3 slate table this show's the set up with the cushions and cloth off also, to give an idea of what i've done to get an accurate full size scoring zone with the limitation of an average sized room.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/wpp99n54/

Comment

I hope your game improves with all the extra practice!

Nice little dog!
                              王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                                I hope your game improves with all the extra practice!

Nice little dog!
                                Thanks mate of course I would rather be with him when I do my daily practice than down the club spending a fortune lol.
                                I've been getting 50 breaks every decent chance i get when playing my mates now and a good few times since i got the table I been on for the ton on 70-80 and wobbled 1.

The big benefit is just working out any daft shots you struggle with and turn them from a weakness to a strength almost over night and then I feel it help's with fluency to spend 1-2 hours a day clearing the line up, zig zag, t-shape & cross etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X