Old cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old cloths

Years ago I started a thread about ways of using old cloths. I can't find that thread now.

On one side of my ballroom I have a big roller shutter door. The wind blows under it. So today I took an old bed cloth, rolled it up, and the resultant sausage is exactly the correct length to use as a draught excluder.

How's that for lateral thinking?
    王可

Correct length and sausage in the same sentence .........i wondered what I was reading for a minute !

Good idea by the way .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I dont know how often I swept, vacuumed and blocked my table over the last 5 years, I do know that my cloth is playing better and faster now that when i installed it. I am dreading the thought of it being changed, I think its going to take a rip, because I have a few very small holes. Dont like the thought of putting another Hainsworth smart and needing to wait a few years before it plays well, I am going to return the smart and opt for the best cloth they have.. Cheers Thanks for listening to me lament
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
        I dont know how often I swept, vacuumed and blocked my table over the last 5 years, I do know that my cloth is playing better and faster now that when i installed it. I am dreading the thought of it being changed, I think its going to take a rip, because I have a few very small holes. Dont like the thought of putting another Hainsworth smart and needing to wait a few years before it plays well, I am going to return the smart and opt for the best cloth they have.. Cheers Thanks for listening to me lament
        My "Smart" was quick from initial install, two years later, it's even faster. I do believe it helps if you can control the humidity and at this time of year maintain a minimum temperature of approximately 15c. When I do replace, going to be another Smart for me.
        Highest break to date? 1

Comment

I need to get my table recovered. I have a part worn cloth which is marked Riley XXXX. It doesn't seem bad, but I might fit another Strachan 6811.
          王可

Comment

Working...
          X