Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Aw shucks guys, stop it, I'm going red.

The other ton I had on the day was a 104 but there was a possible 138 on, beating Barry Pinches 134! Barry, of course, actually won a PTC event, beating Ronnie in the final.

I'm far happier having won the event, considering the strength of the field, than in having two match tons, although I was quite happy with those too!
    Well Done, Did you compete in the tournaments that qualify winners into the seniors tournament. I have seen Barry Pinches name there last year. Cheers
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

No, I've not entered any "Legends" events, as I object to paying £100 entry to play the lottery of a black ball respot if the match reaches 2-2. Terrible idea of the organisers imo.

I've also not entered any of my national governing bodies events this season either, the EASB. In the last 3 years on the southern tour, I finished 1st,1st,2nd and yet out of a possible 12 international comps I represented England in only one.
      I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Up to final red, absolutely clinical, no positional errors at all. Very very impressive. Later recoveries also great.
        How long were the matches? Best of 3? With a field that strong, I'm not surprised the tournament was finished in one day.

Comment

No, I've not entered any "Legends" events, as I object to paying £100 entry to play the lottery of a black ball respot if the match reaches 2-2. Terrible idea of the organisers imo.

I've also not entered any of my national governing bodies events this season either, the EASB. In the last 3 years on the southern tour, I finished 1st,1st,2nd and yet out of a possible 12 international comps I represented England in only one.
          I agree, respotted black, not a good way to win or lose a decider especially without the 5th frame and a tie. But for me, I would have to go and have a try, just the thought of playing against Stephen Hendry, John Parrot or Cliff Thorburn and the other greats for a televised match would be too tempting to pass at any price. The possibility of winning and going to the world championship would only be in a dream. Cheers
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I don't think you'd get many entrants for a best of 3 Pro-am! Most are best of 7, some get by with best of 5 but most players object to shorter matches.

£100 entry, plus hotel x 2 nights to go out on a lottery respot black? No, not for me. When the 'Legends' tour starts playing the game properly then I'll join in.
            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

I don't think you'd get many entrants for a best of 3 Pro-am! Most are best of 7, some get by with best of 5 but most players object to shorter matches.

£100 entry, plus hotel x 2 nights to go out on a lottery respot black? No, not for me. When the 'Legends' tour starts playing the game properly then I'll join in.
              When we had the very active pro-am circuit in the 80's ALL matches were best of 5s, but of course the entry fee was always 20 or less and it was always either Saturday only or just the 1/4-finalists on the Sunday.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
              X